This lovely Liberty tissue case has lived in my handbag for more years than I care to remember!
And, as you can see, the corners are now very much the worse for wear! So I decided that it was time for me to make a new one. If you follow me on IG you will have seen work in progress on this piece of embroidery.
I have a few of these 'rubbing blocks' which I bought some years ago from Art Van Go. Some of the designs are not to my taste but this particular block has been well worth the purchase.
I stuck the block to my work surface with some blu tack and then sellotaped my fabric over it.
I then used one of my Markal oil sticks to make a rubbing.
I chose a pretty pearly pink which would glint through my stitching and anywhere else it happened to catch.
The fabric needs to be left for 24 hours and then is ironed, covered with a piece of baking parchment, with a hot iron. The oil is now set and you can get on with your embroidery. I used mainly chain stitch variations with some fly and feather stitches too.
And here is my finished tissue case.
I worked this piece of embroidery for a small bag some years ago using the same method.
Linking up with Super Mom No Cape and her Stitchery Link Party.
Have a great week everyone.