When I decided to get on with some new crazy projects last weekend I thought it would be good to use up some of my hand dyed fabrics. So I hauled two carriers bags of fabric from the wardrobe and tipped them onto the dining table planning to pull out some fabrics to use. Well, what a mess! Some fabrics were rolled in bundles of colour, some were just screwed up and shoved in, some were in smaller poly bags. At this point I decided to make some order out of my fabrics.
Now, I didn't take a picture of the mess I started out with but this is what I ended up with.
I also ended up with this pile of scraps which is destined to become improv log cabins
and a box of bits that really were not worth keeping and which I have binned.
So now it was easy to pick out some fabrics for a few new projects. Two pinky purple ones -
this one is ready to be made up into a lavender door hangar -
and this will be a frame purse.
I also have two green versions ready to start embellishing.
Have a great weekend everyone and hopefully time to sew.