Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Friday 14 July 2017

More crazy happening here

When I decided to get on with some new crazy projects last weekend I thought it would be good to use up some of my hand dyed fabrics. So I hauled two carriers bags of fabric from the wardrobe and tipped them onto the dining table planning to pull out some fabrics to use. Well, what a mess! Some fabrics were rolled in bundles of colour, some were just screwed up and shoved in, some were in smaller poly bags. At this point I decided to make some order out of my fabrics.
Now, I didn't take a picture of the mess I started out with but this is what I ended up with.

Not ironed but at least all in their colours and vaguely flattened out. I plan to get some more plastic shoe boxes to store these in.

I also ended up with this pile of scraps which is destined to become improv log cabins


and a box of bits that really were not worth keeping and which I have binned.

So now it was easy to pick out some fabrics for a few new projects. Two pinky purple ones -


this one is ready to be made up into a lavender door hangar -


and this will be a frame purse.

I also have two green versions ready to start embellishing.


Have a great weekend everyone and hopefully time to sew.

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous fabric colours Lin, love those purples.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pinky purple crazy patch - especially the first one with the spider!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Lin. Feels great to have a sort out x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooohhh! Can't wait to see more of these projects. Beautiful start on the pinky purple heart. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on your fabric cleanup. Love your projects the colours are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lin oh your crazy patchwork pieces are going to be so lovely,already loving the colours you have picked xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely fabrics and those blocks will be gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi Lin What a rainbow of beautiful colours. looking forward to seeing the finished pieces. X:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have some lovely colours there. It's always good to be able to pull together small projects like these solitary blocks, especially in the summer when you feel you should be outside at least some of the time, and big, long term projects don't feel quite right..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful! It is amazing what can be done with bits of fabrics :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely ways to use up those pieces...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous pieces, Lin. What a great use of scraps x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.