Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Friday 16 March 2018

Ripples and a Mystery quilt


Couldn't resist sharing this picture again!! There was a large quantity of yarn left over from making Lily Pond - just over 550g in fact. And as we were still in Spain and I needed something to do, I started crocheting ripples!



I used a pattern from Attic 24 - her lovely Woodland Ripple blanket pattern


And so it grew on the beach and on the roof - I was enjoying it so much.


And then we came home. But I couldn't put it down and after crocheting away in front of the TV and by the fire (what a change!) I soon had a lovely shawl.

 
I managed to nip outside between showers to get a few photographs - notice our lovely broad bean plants in the above photograph.

 
In this one you can see where I have been busy digging.....
 
 
....and here our lovely pink Japonica blossom.


A close up of the ripple and the picot border I added to the two long edges. I must say that I am very pleased with this bonus make.

My little patchwork group met on Wednesday afternoon - there are four of us. Towards the end of last year my three friends were all coming to the end of projects and wondering what to do next. One thought it would be nice to make a lap quilt and our newest member wanted to make a sampler quilt. So I suggested that we all make a sampler lap quilt and that I would design it as a mystery quilt. We included a member who now lives in UK and so in January we started our mystery with Pat's Star. Here are our five stars.



I do love this star. On Wednesday I showed them how to make tumbling blocks for our next block. You will have seen mine in my last post. Today I have been cutting out our next block - but I am not telling yet!

Have a great weekend.

20 comments:

  1. Love the Lily Pond and the Ripples. The yarn colours you used are beautiful together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lily Pond and Ripples are both beautiful Afghanis, wonderful work Lin . I can't believe your garden is already growing and you have flowers in bloom . We have spring like weather but no flowers yet . Oh what fun to do a mystery quilt with your friends and samplers are my favorite type of quilt to make . I guess I like variety.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, ooh, ooh! So pretty! I like those blocks, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ripples look great - clever idea to make a little shawl. What a lovely idea to make a sampler quilt with your group, and fun you get to design the mystery quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work Lin,you are very clever my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your ripple is beautiful - and fancy that - made from scraps and leftovers :-) And the star blocks are a neat block... I look forward to seeing more of your sampler quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You did have a lot of yarn left! The ripple blanket is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done - that bonus crochet is a real treat!

    And I do love the Star...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Lily Pond and the Ripples! Wonderful colors that you chose to work with, and they blend so well. Gardening already? Gosh, I'm rather jealous! It must feel wonderful to be able to do that once again. I can see why you like that star block. Do you mind sharing where you got the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your crochet blankets.... great to get two and you are so quick doing it.... Pretty star blocks.... and great to see the garden growing.... I do love fresh broad beans...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely use for leftover wool - I love the photo on the boat! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nothing more relaxing than crocheting ripples! How wonderful you were able to get a lovely Shawl from the left overs .....and the picot edging looks lovely!
    Nice little star block!!! You are so clever! Wish I was in your little group to learn how to sew this sample lap quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice work on the blocks. Your shawl is beautiful, I love those colours, you are very talented :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lin I love your crochet shawl its beautiful. So is the little lap quilt very clever a star in a star. X:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lin, those stars are a lovely block & all those ones look fab, well done to everyone.
    As for the shawl, I'll send you my address, LOL... its gorgeous... you will be a very stylish WARM lady in the cold months!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your shawl, your blocks are looking great, lovely colours.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love, love, love the shawl...and the blocks - What a lovely project to do with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Two gorgeous crochet finishes, Lin - great photography, too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Lin I love your crochet shawl its beautiful. So is the little lap quilt very clever a star in a star. X:)
    สล็อต ออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.