Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 16 June 2018

Friday Night Sew In

It was great to join in with everyone for our FNSI for June. Thank you very much Wendy for hosting us - you can see everyone's work for the evening here



My first task was to quilt this Gardeners Journal panel. It was all machined together and the binding handstitched down so it was just the simple! task of choosing a thread and then quilting round.

 
I am pleased with the effect of the variegated perle thread that I chose and the panel was soon finished.
 
I have had a small square of hand dyed slubby silk on my desk for a while waiting to be embroidered for another tissue case. I decided to try out one of the designs in this pack of transfers that I was recently gifted - thank you Sue.
 
 
The pattern transferred really well. There is a fine, pencil like line which is easily hidden by the stitching so there is no need to wash it out.


By the end of the evening stitching was well underway.


I am keeping the stitching fairly traditional - just the centres to fill in now.

Hope you are having a good weekend - we are off to the airport later today to collect family who are here for a week. Not sure what they will make of the weather - it's a coolish 19 here today but promises to hit 30 by Wednesday! C'est la vie!

Have a great week

21 comments:

  1. The variegated quilting stitch does look pretty on your Gardener's Journal panel. Your new embroidery is pretty too; love the slubby silk fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Gardener's Journal panel turned out wonderful! Aunt Martha's transfers have been in business for a long time. I remember using them when I was a child and just learning to embroider.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely stitching on both the Gardeners Journal and the pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty stitching with the pink thread. Lovely projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful stitcheries! Love that slubby fabric for background too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your work! The Gardener's Journal block looks great that way. Enjoy your visitors x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Gardener's Journal hanging. So pretty. The tissue case will be very lovely when finished. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lin beautiful work my friend,well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Gardeners Journal block, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two very lovely projects. Congratulations on the Gardener's Journal Finish. Your stitchery is looking very nice. Love the variegated colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you made up the GJ stitchery...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh good progress and it looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your gardeners journal panel is lovely as is your new stitchery you started . Enjoy your company .

    ReplyDelete
  14. A good start, indeed. Thirty degrees is certainly moving towards "too hot", especially if your family have come from temperatures in the low teens, as we have now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you had a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That little panel is sooooo darling, and I love your stitching on the silk! Enjoy your visitors!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely work on your embroidery Lin... the fabric is perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the Gardeners Journal panel, pretty stitching and colours. The slubby silk tissue case looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful stitching. I hope you have a lovely week with your family x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.