Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 18 August 2018

FNSI for August


Many thanks Wendy for inviting us to join you again for a stitchy evening - see what everyone was working on here

Friday was a cooler day for us and so much of my time was spent in the garden. But I found an hour in the afternoon to start basting some shapes for my new applique project.


Fiddly small pieces! This project deserves a post of it's own so watch this space.

After an early fish and chip supper sitting outside a local bar we came home to watch another exciting T20 Blast match. Of course I had some sewing on the go too. I have started work on a new crazy block and this is how it looked at the beginning of the evening.


And here it is after I had added some silk and organza ribbon embellishments.


Lots more to do as I plan to pack this with embroidery, but I am enjoying this very much.

Enjoy your weekend.

25 comments:

  1. Your crazy block is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made a great start on the block!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love to see your crazy patch work , just lovely .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous block. Love it. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful crazy block, your applique bits lokk interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have some projects needing tiny detail... the ribbon adds so much to the piece - which was lovely already but not just wow...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! Pretty ribbon work

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work on your crazy patch block Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your crazy patch block is lovely, Lin; so much pretty detail there. My that is a lot of applique pieces. Can't wait to see the progress of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The crazy block is beautiful and the applique pieces are intriguing. Sounds like a good evening

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm loving the looks of your applique, probably because I've been needing to start a new one myself! Your crazy quilting block really looks gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty start on the block, the colours are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It’s very pretty, Lin, and some of my favourite colours!
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a gorgeous block! I look forward to seeing what you do with the applique pieces x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a very pretty block Lin... I love the colours & the visual texture is beautiful... very clever!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like our crazy block, so pretty :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. NOBODY does crazy quilt embroidery like you - that is so so gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your crazy quilt embroidery is always so inspiring! Lovely colors and stitch combinations. That looks quite peaceful, and it must be fun to watch it transform as you add the embellishments.

    Happy stitching,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Lin wow love your crazy patchwork piece,well done my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gosh, golly, gee, your crazy block is gorgeous! You’ve got the gift!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really love those colors together! Lovely stitching and it must be enjoyable to see the piece build just how you want it to.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing embroidery and design in this crazy block! I love the colors. Your stitching has such wonderful details and beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.