Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 17 November 2018

FNSI November - part one!


Many thanks to Wendy for inviting us round not just once this month but twice!

We have had beautiful weather here all week and Friday was no exception so after adding the final borders to this Gardeners Journal panel (which has been waiting for it's borders for some months) I headed outside to do some more work in the garden.



So then my task for the evening was to add some quilting which I did with a lovely yellow/pale green variegated perle thread.



Then for the last hour of my evening I got out some crochet. I started knitting a pair of socks with this lovely yarn last year but was not happy with the pattern. Now I NEED a cowl so have undone my knitting and started crocheting my cowl. Not sure how big it will turn out but I am sure there will be enough there. It's lovely, simple, rhythmic ripple crochet - perfect for relaxing with at the end of the day.


Thanks Wendy - see you again next week. xx

21 comments:

  1. Your gardener's journal panel is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you have finished up the YOur Gardener's Journal panel. The perle quilting looks great too! Love that colour yarn you are crocheting with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Gardners Journal panel, the quilting finishes it off beautifully. Always a fan of purple wool!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your panel. Looks very lovely. The wool you are using is gorgeous, my favourite colour. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lin beautiful work my friend,love your stitching piece and love your wool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your lady looks so very relaxed in the chair... lovely work... xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. The GJ block is such a pretty piece. Love your choice of borders.
    Good luck with having enough woll for the cowl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your gardener's panel looks so pretty finished. The quilting is lovely. Pretty wool you are using for the cowl. It sounds as if you are enjoying some soothing and calm evening crocheting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Lin, I love the leaf patterned material you've used in the border for your gardener's journal panel. Also, your embroidered gardening lady is so beautiful and I love all the little touches that tell her story... she loves cats and is enjoying a nice rest with a drink at the end of a productive gardening day!
    Your cowl will be so pretty, it's beautiful wool.
    Cheers :D)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Garden journal is looking good, I love a warm neck and cowls keep my neck so warm. I tried wearing scarves but they either came undone or dropped into things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good post again, Lin. Love the embroidered lady ... she looks so relaxed and I love the border treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can't go wrong with some nice rhythmic hand work. I love the colour of the yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your GJ block. They are such lovely blocks to stitch. Very pretty crochet as well xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is exquisite! I love the colors, the yellow really makes the stitchery pop. And the green calms it down, while adding a nice foundation. I love your stitching all around the edges, giving it that bit of charm. Nice, Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the embroidery and the quilting that you are doing! I like the soft colors that blend together so well. This time of year just makes you want to knit or crochet, doesn't it? Best wishes on your project!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful work on the quilting. Love the colours for your knitting. Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful wool for your cowl; I love the pattern you are crocheting x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have plans for a ripple crochet something - when I've finished what I'm doing now! I'm looking forward to seeing yours grow, as it will be very encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What very pretty colours you have used for the journal panel, lovely stitched piece.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your stitcheries. I did them a few years ago but they are still waiting to be put together LOL. Lovely crocheting there.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like your stitchery quilt :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.