Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 3 November 2018

Friday Night with Friends

Many thanks Cheryll for inviting us to share the evening with you again - to find the links to everyone who took part go here


After a couple of grey, damp days we had a lovely sunny afternoon so spent some time in the garden cutting back and tidying - there is always something to do!

So in the evening I got down to some serious stitching and worked on this small piece of embroidery using hand dyed threads and shibori fabric.



The design comes from this lovely little book which is full of useful motifs and ideas for small gift projects.


Cheryll made a very smart heat pad for her kitchen - I am looking forward to seeing what everyone else was working on,

Have a great weekend.

21 comments:

  1. That's a charming design - it must have been fun to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is truly lovely & sweet. What will it become?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty stitchery, Lin. I love the hand dyed shibori fabric. I wonder what you will fashion from this pretty??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful stitchery. Love the colours. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a nicej piece. I think I may have to do some hand embroidery, after Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a very pretty embroidery.... lovely to sew after time in the garden...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for joining in FNwF. Your project is lovely... xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a beautiful design Lin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lin,
    Beautiful work. I love the colours you have used. I am having trouble commenting on the blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Lin, I love that little stitchery! The color is fantastic! I have a bag full of hand dyed scraps someone gave me years ago...you’ve got me thinking! You’re always such an inspiration! Have a wonderful week! XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is a beautiful design, Lin,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its a wonderful book....a friend has it! I love your stitchery especially on that fabric xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful design and stitching Lin.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The stitchery - and your fabric/thread choice - is lovely. The book looks like a really nice one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty stitching and fabric Lin. I like the look of that handy little book too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such pretty stitching, Lin! Useful little book!
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely work Lin,great little book,well done.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How gorgeous is that - I think I need that book!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. wonderful..... I love your designs.
    greeting- evi erlinda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.