Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Tuesday 12 March 2019

Catching up

It's now a week since we returned home from Spain and March is starting to zip through already! So time for a catch up on what I have been doing.

The Pansy Scissor Keeper that I stitched in Spain is now complete - I forgot to pack any stuffing so it had to be completed when we arrived home.


This was a kit from Sue Hawkins Needleworks and as with all her kits the instructions were clear and easy to follow, plenty of thread and a gorgeous colour combination. Very happy with this.

While we were away I bought some yarn and started crocheting squares to combine into a blanket. I had lots of fun trawling the internet looking for free granny square patterns - some simple some more complicated. Most of them were written with US crochet instructions which it took me while to come to terms with! So here are all the blocks I made while away.


This project has now been stored away until our next trip. Ooops! Just noticed that my heart is upside down in the picture!

Since our return I have started a new cross stitch project - sorry, I don't seem to have any pictures - and been working on the next round, brown rose, of my 1797 revisited quilt.



This #weebrawbag was completed in January as a birthday gift which has now been gifted.


It is a while since I have made a postcard so I have really enjoyed designing and embroidering this card for a special friend. It just needs ends sewing in and then it can be posted on it's way.


It has been fascinating to watch how the garden has changed over the last week with so much early spring colour around now. So I will end with a few pictures from the garden.





19 comments:

  1. It's lovely to see your finished Scissor keep - I'm almost tempted to follow the link :-)
    I've often wondered how I would get through all the granny square designs that I like...your idea of making just one of each and combining them all is a great idea - hmmm, not another project coming on?!! It must be lovely to see the touches of spring, as we are enjoying the approach of autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous scissor keep. Love all your granny squares. Your blanket is going to be beautiful. Your garden looks lovely with all the signs of spring peeking through. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely it is to visit you and see all the pretties you have fashioned. That is a lovely scissors keep. How fun to have a smattering of pretty granny squares of different designs....gorgeous colours! These will make a beautiful blanket. Sweet bag and the little postcard showcases pretty stitching. LOVE your hexies. Spring has indeed show up to grace your garden. Love all those little blue Muscaris. What a lovely flower-lined path to walk down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your spring is much more advanced than ours but our snow was melting a lot today! You have kept your fingers busy with lots to show for it. I love your crochet blocks and that you challenged yourself to try new ones. That scissors keep is gorgeous. Happy Stitching to you from Me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back Lin. Your scissor fob is gorgeous. I so love the colors. I had no idea there were so many different Granny Square patterns. They are all so wonderful. The biggest one looks like a doily on a doily. Too cute. Enjoy the garden. We are still stuck in ice age! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful projects! Well done. The scissors fob is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Lin, so lovely to read through your post.
    The scissor keeper is beautiful, and such a good idea too... I'm inspired.
    Your crochet squares are delightful, so artful and the colours are gorgeous.
    How lovely to come back to your garden when it welcomes you like that.
    Cheers and warmest good wishes, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your scissor fob is just beautiful and your different squares so pretty. I am needing to do more on my 1797 too! Spring has arrived in your lovely garden x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You got quite a bit done while you were away, didn't you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have been very busy making some beautiful things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your scissors keeper is beautiful. Since I've started a small cross-stitch project lately, I was a bit disappointed that you didn't have a picture to post of yours but I certainly understand. I, for one, forget to take pictures all the time!!! Hahaha! It makes me anticipate all the more for your next blog post. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. the finished scissor keep is great.... worked out really well. Sounds like you are settled back home and some lovely spring flowers - it is a lovely time of the year. I love the way you are doing your blocks... its a great project to take away with you. I'm sure your little bag was enjoyed in its new home...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lin such beautiful work,you have been busy well done my friend ,love your garden xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Some lovely projects going on in your world. Love the drawstring bag. I might need to make one of those. I am jealous of your granny squares. I have tried many times but I get frustrated and give it a toss. Spring has arrived for you but I am still covered in snow although the temperatures are a bit above zero for the next few days so that should help get rid of the darn stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful scissors fab. lovely Granny Squares and great bag.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a very pretty scissor fob and your granny squares will make such a lovely blanket with so many different squares.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You really keep your hands busy with beautiful projects, hon! Love seeing your garden - another month or so for us, I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The scissor keeper is beautiful. You must be very happy with it. I love all the photo's of Spring. I have a crocheted blanket made of squares made by my Mother so many years ago. I love it. Your granny squares look so pretty and are all so different

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love all your projects, Lin! Nice to see your garden photos too. Our garden is a little behind yours, no cowslips showing here just yet, although our tulips are just starting to show.
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.