Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 2 November 2019

FNwFriends, November already!


Many thanks Cheryll for getting us all together again - you can see what everyone was working on here

I had about half a dozen pieces to add to my latest 1797 round so I made myself do that first.


This is now going away out of temptation as I need to complete some Christmas projects and a few other bits and pieces.

However, the great excitement of the day, being the 1st of the month, was that the instructions for the first border of the Red Manor House BOM popped into my inbox! And so that is what I spent the rest of my Friday (and Saturday morning while watching the rugby) working on.

First there is a narrow floral border - cut and ready to machine on. Then there is a diamond border. Now the instructions use foundation paper pieceing for the diamonds - I don't care for FPP. So I decided some nice hand pieceing would be great for working on, on the sofa in front of TV So that is what I did.


These are all pressed and ready to have their ears trimmed before I machine them together.


Last Friday Jenny released the last embroidery for 'My Vintage Kitchen' and earlier this week I got all the blocks machined together, quilted and bound.


I kept the quilting simple and decided not to add a border  as I do not have a large enough space to display it! I am very happy with this especially using up some of my stash of vintage Laura Ashley.

I also added the background to my watercolour


which I am pleased to say worked out not too bad! However, I have just noticed that pale 'hole' in the middle of the picture! That leaf is going to need darkening up next time I get my paints out.

Hope everyone has a great weekend - we have a big storm heading towards us for tomorrow morning so a bit of hatch battening is in order this afternoon.

23 comments:

  1. Looks like you got a lot accomplished. You have wonderful works in progress. The Vintage Kitchen piece is a treasure. Your stitching is marvelous. It is a sweet wall hanging. I do like your watercolor painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 1797 projects looks great and the new BOM looks like fun.
    Your Vintage Kitchen is gorgeous as is your painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good deal successfully achieved. I hope the hatch-battening is as successful (or, preferably, unnecessary!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are working on some lovely projects. Pretty kitchen quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you had a lovely busy crafty week... great to have an assortment of projects and techniques.
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had a busy evening. Love the look of 1797. Your Vintage Kitchen hanging looks beautiful. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Vintage Kitchen quilt. I think simple quilting looks great and doesn't take away from the pretty embroideries. Loving your 1797 and hand piecing is always nice to do while watching TV. Beautiful painting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Vintage Kitchen hanger is lovely. Well done on another row of 1797. I think your watercolour looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Vintage Kitchen hanger is a beautiful finish, Lin. LOVE you 1797 pretty. Love all those beautiful colours. Now that you have painted the background, those flowers really pop. This is a beautiful painting! I would've thought, by looking at this painting, that you were an old hand at painting water colours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic Friday night for you. You did SO MUCH! Love your 1797 progress and that watercolor is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lin wow i love all your beautiful work,your 1797 is coming along nicely.
    Oh i love the fabrics that you are using for your diamond border and your vintage kitchen looks fantastic,well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. YOu were a very busy girl Lin...love all you got done! Wonderful and so very talented! xox :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful stitchery work Lin. You've been delightfully busy too and have a lot to show for your efforts.
    Would you know, I'd never have picked that as a vacant spot in your watercolour... now that the eye is drawn to it by your comment, it looks like a paler version of a leaf that the sun has highlighted.
    Just saying though, I respect your thoughts on your own art :D) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope everything was ok after the storm, or better still that the storm avoided you! Your 1797 is looking wonderful, as is your BOM blocks and your water colour is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't care for foundation piecing either. I used to do a bit of hand piecing and found it enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Diamonds by hand stitching - wow!! I'm impressed, girl. Love your Vintage Kitchen finish! And your watercolor is just stunning, it really makes me want to try! Stay safe during the storm, hon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You got a lot done! So your diamonds have no inserts to support them, and are only handstitched together? x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope you’ve weathered the storm all right!
    Your background went really well! Well done!
    Love all your stitching!
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lin - beautiful painting! I love how the blue is deeper in the center fanning out. AND THEN you mentioned the "hole". NOW I see it. And I can't unsee it. Hahaha I love it though. So very nice. You know, I learned something - I was going to do Jenny's Kitchen blocks, and I see from coming here, it I had just done them each month I would have a completed project. Yours is so pretty! Thanks for posting and sharing. I love seeing what you are up to.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You don't "hang around", your wall hanging was so quick and it is so lovely. It is a shame that you don't have a space to display it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. How BEAUTIFUL is your watercolour! And I love your vintage kitchen quilt. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.