Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 7 December 2019

Friday Night with Friends

Despite traveling and celebrating Cheryll has managed to get us all together again for our last FNwF of the year. Thank you Chez and I hope you are having an amazing time.

To see who else took part and what they were up to click here

Remember my three Santas that I made for a garland? I put them safely away while I pondered how to transport them to UK for Christmas. Yesterday I got them out and added hooks and eyes to link them up - this way I can take the garland apart for transportation. And I added a few extra bells.



 Now all they need is some red ribbon or cord to hang them up. Not enough in my stash so I will get some in UK - we are restricting journeys by car at the moment as there is a fuel shortage here due to the strike and we want to be sure of having enough fuel to get to the ferry port.

Next up was to get on with these four blocks for my Red Manor House BOM.


They are corner blocks for the next border around this central block.


Hopefully I can get those hearts added today, although we are expecting afternoon tea guests. I have a batch of mince pies waiting for them!


Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

20 comments:

  1. I love those little Santas! And you used just the right fabrics for them:-)
    New blocks are lovely too, and oh dear, I will have to go and warm up a mince pie after seeing yours! LOL
    I hope your journey goes well (and I hope you don't miss the current "UK Pantomime" on Thursday ;-) We might have something else on TV then!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute Santas! Love the quilting behind them!
    Red Manor House looks very pretty in your colour choices.
    Nice mince pies ..... I like the patchwork behind them.
    Good luck with your journey back to the U.K., hope the petroleum lasts!
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh bother predictive text! I didn’t see it had changed petrol to petroleum ..... and you should have seen what it wanted to add when I typed the word again this time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the little Santas. I love the House block with its beautiful borders. So well done. Mince pies look so delicious. Yum! Can I come over too? ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mince pies, yummy. Might have to make some. It is that time of the year.
    You have been busy sewing. Looks like you had a productive evening.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Santas, the blocks look great, will be interesting seeing your BOM grow. I hope you had enough petrol for what you need. The mince pies look yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lin love your Santa's,well done on your beautiful work.
    Oh those mince pies look so yummy ,enjoy your time with your guests,hope you have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Red Manor House BOM is looking lovely. Love the blue fabric on the border. Those santas are going to look beautiful decorating your home for the festive season. Have a safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a clever solution for transporting the santa's….. I love how the manor house is looking and mince pies are definitely a favourite of mine... especially home made...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a good solution for your Santas - ingenious and practical!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your garland Lin - your idea for transportation (and stowing away between seasons) sounds like a good solution. I love the fabrics you are using for your Red Manor BOM.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your santas are lovely Lin and that was a great solution in how to garland - or not :D)
    Beautiful work as always and those mince tarts look yummy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You shall have little Santa's jingling in your luggage....they are very cute. The manor house blocks are lovely. It is going to be a beautiful quilt! The fruit mince pies look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Red Manor House is really coming along and beautifully so, I might add. I love mince meat pie and I am sure that was a nice surprise for your guests!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Santas are adorable. I like your solution with the hooks and eyes for transporting them. I never thought of using those to put a garland together, but think of the possibilities for a group project. Everyone could make a part and then they could be strung together. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I have never seen mincemeat pies before. Are most mincemeat pies usually small like that? I make mincemeat cookies - cookies filled with mincemeat filling and they are soooo good. These pies look like something super good too. Glad you are able to take those cute Santas with you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love those unique little Santas-they are quite cute! Your baking looks delicious. I've never had a mincemeat pie, but those look tasty.

    Happy sewing,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those Santas are ever so cute! Manor House is look8ng beautiful. Sorry I haven't kept up with your posts. Life got in the way.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your Santas are adorable. Your house block is stunning.
    Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.