Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 28 November 2020

Friday Night Sew In

 Many thanks to Wendy for getting us together again.

Well, I am still playing in my sketchbook - the last video in the series comes out tomorrow but I am getting behind on some of the techniques, there just is not enough time!

I do have a completed page though - well, I think it is complete any way - that I finished up Friday afternoon.


These pages are just a few of the ones that are starting to take shape - waiting for paint and glue to dry is time consuming even if it has been warm and sunny so they are able to dry outside.




In that last one the tracing paper lifts up to reveal the original picture.

Earlier this week I completed the cross hatch quilting of the sheep/bird border of my Red Manor House quilt.


Next up is the Irish Chain border. So for the rest of my Friday I was basting leaves for the tablecloth - they dont make for an exciting photograph! - and I shall get them pinned in place ready for a little light relief from the quilting.

Back in October I showed this peek of some secret stitching.


Now that the recipient has received it I can show you pictures of the completed Travellers Journal.





I joined in with the Summer Stitchalong at DMTV for this project which involves applique, print and stitch to make a book wrap. It was a great project to follow along with and if you fancy trying something a little different then the instructions are still availble- free - here. This is not a pattern - you are shown how to choose a colour palette, play with simple shapes using different techniques and end up with a unique project. Go on, give it a try!

It's been a beautiful sunny mild week here and its been good to be able to sit outside, and crack on with some tidying in the garden. Our lockdown restrictions ease today with non essential shops re-opening and we are able to go further afield for excercise. Still have to complete a form to take with us though stating why we are out and about.

I am looking forward to getting out my Christmas decorations later this week - some of them I havn't seen for over 10 years!

Have a great week.

17 comments:

  1. Just lovely art journal pages--do you plan to write (journal) on them? I am presently watercoloring Tomoe River papers in my Fauxbo-Hobo [left over from another year]...and then journaling on them with my favorite fountain pen...Paper products, pens, journal making etc were all my first loves.
    That is a such a pretty book wrap you made-- great color combos...
    hugs from afar Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. That travellers journal is just beautiful Lin ... what a lucky recipient. Your sketch book is really lovely - its given me some ideas for a journal I would like to start in the New Year - I have always loved papercrafting but never really put any time into it. Enjoy decorating for Christmas - I have started mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are learning some interesting techniques for your sketchbook Lin. Manor House looks gorgeous! Very nice secret sewing too. Enjoy your lovely weather xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lin, your sketchbook pages are awesome. They’re unique, creative and inspiring. Wonderful color mixes. The cover on the travelers journal is amazing! Wonderful color and texture. It will be a joy to work in. Both pieces will be a joy to work in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love the work you do.... proper artist stuff and so original....
    Enjoy doing the decorating.... mine are still in hiding!!

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting and varied techniques in your sketch book. Love the travellers journal. A great gift to give. Enjoy your new freedom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sketch book looks very interesting Lin, love the travellers journal cover. Y9ur quilting on Manor house looks wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving your quilting. The journal wrap is so unique and interesting. So many wonderful new techniques with your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a blessed recipient to have such a beautiful Traveller's Journal. You did an amazing job on this pretty, Lin. Everything about it is fabulous. Love the cross hatching on The Red Manor House and as for your sketch book, each page is filled with such lovely creativity. It looks as if you are having the best fun. Love the sweet tree inside the hexie...so very creative, but then every page is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The sketchbook is inspiring. An artwork in itself

    ReplyDelete
  11. The journal is charming, and I am looking forward to watching your continued progress on the other pieces. I'm glad to hear you've had some nice weather!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Lin - your Covid situation is so much worse than here - we have had out shops open again for quite some time and mostly people are able to do most of what they did before - certainly the sensible ones are taking some precautions but generally we just go about our day.

    Love the sh=ketchbook - so tempted to have a look - but no time - and really I am not artistic so will leave it for now.

    Lovely travel journal for your friend - isn't it good when we can finally post "secret stuff">>>LOL

    Enjoy your nice weather - we are already in the highs of summer - some areas not far away are expecting 40+ that is Celsius of course - darn hot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful projects. Love Red Manor House and the travel book cover. Of course I would -- can't look pass any hexies! You said you have to fill our paperwork to be out & about? Who do you have to show them to? We're pretty much shut down here in IL with the promise of more shut-downs by Christmas per our governor. In the meantime, he flew to FL for the Thanksgiving holidays with his family who left in March when the pandemic erupted. Hard to look past the hypocrisy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The sketch book is great, the Manor House is fabulouse, and I do like all kinds of hexagon projects! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The travel journal is great ... wonderful things you make.
    I am very happy to see you.
    Have a wonderful Advent.
    Greetings to you
    Viola

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely Traveller´s journal, how well it has turned out, and your sketchbook is very creative and unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your sketchbook is fabulous Lynne. I love all the different techniques you have used.
    The cross hatch is amazing, so much of it, well done!
    Love the journal cover too! Last year ladies at my handicraft group were making Christmas pictures using 5is technique with the netting. It looks wonderful!
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.