Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 14 November 2020

Playing in my sketchbook

 I have been a bit obsessed with working in my sketchbook this week! The video course is brilliant with lots of information and ideas. My book now looks like this.


I did some more ripping and sticking and then moved on to the next stage. This was to add paint - acrylics, watercolour, whatever we had to hand. Scraping acrylics onto the page with an old credit card was fun and quick.





Painting with thick paint and thin.



The next phase is to use stencils to add focal points and pattern - just had to go with hexies for my stencils!



I have also been working on the pieces of sketchbook that were ripped out and they may go back in at some point.


Another video tomorrow although I really need to get on with some sewing today! I have been quilting in the evenings and slowly working on my Red Manor House. I have also made my swap hexies for the month and they are now winging their way - this month to New Zealand.



Obviously photographing them on a black background was not a good idea! But they were in the envelope and on the way before I realised.

Well, I must away - it's a beautiful day here and there is, as always, lots to do. Have a good week everyone.

17 comments:

  1. That last picture is so beautiful. No wonder you want to be outside. Love the idea of painting pages. The textures you were able to get are beautiful. Enjoy the nice weather. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a chance to show your creativity! And have fun in the bargain, Lin. Meanwhile, I've enjoyed reading your posts. I agree about walnuts...so many uses for them and I think a lot of nuts are like that. So good for us too. Love to see your quilting projects too of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sketchbook looks like a really fun process. It is quite inspiring to get back to my own sketchbook. I will enjoy watching you fill the pages with details. Oh, so many (too many) “want to dos”!!! And not enough time for them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun sketchbook! A break from the usual is always refreshing. Don't work too hard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sketchbook looks really interesting, you can go where your imagination takes you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been having a lot of fun with that sketchbook!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sketchbook looks amazing Lin ... I love the way some of the pages look to be sewn in with a zig zag stitch. You make me keen to do some papercraft.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your sketchbook is looking interesting and fun to do also.... I'm looking forward to watching your progress...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. How beautiful your autumnal little world looks, Lin. Loving your sketchbook; it looks as if you are having the best fun playing; dreaming up all manner of lovely imaginations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you are having a lot of fun with your sketchbook Lin. Lovely hexies, beautiful autumn colour in that tree.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The sketchbook looks like an interesting project!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your book looks like so much fun to do and I love how you have used things to get all sorts of effects. Gotta love your hexies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting and fun making your scrap book....
    Lovely hexes and a pretty tree.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It sounds like you are really having fun with your sketchbook. The hexie flowers are lovely and even the dark background can't hide how pretty....of course purples are favorites of mine....

    ReplyDelete
  15. The sketchbook is so pretty as are the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your sketchbook looks fantastic. It will be fun to add to it. Very pretty hexies too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You’ve certainly been having fun with your sketchbook, and , of course there should be hexies!
    Lovely work on your fabric hexies too! Such neat stitches!
    Have a great week!
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.