Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Monday 20 December 2021

FNSI December

 Friday was a busy day so it wasn't until the evening that I was able to sit and sew - and by that time I was too tired to do much! Anyway, I was working on this Wings and Pretty Things block which has progressed well since Friday.


Not much left to do now. These fabrics are not photographing well!

The first block is finished as far as I can go.



That bird looks a bit manic! He will look better when he gets a beak and an embroidered eye. As you can see, as well as the embroidery there are also some twigs missing. We are in the middle of moving house and I managed to pack the little bias pressing gadget which I knew I would need! Also all my embroidery threads have gone too. Well, I shall be able to add those little bits later.

That's it from me for now - many thanks to Wendy for organsising our Friday Night Sew In's all year. Please click on the link to see what everyone was working on.


16 comments:

  1. Those oiseaux sont tres belles (fem?? I forget now ?) Anyway such cute little blocks, Lin
    JOYEUX NOEL Hugs Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little bird will look lovely when it is finished. Love the backing fabric; it is so pretty. All the best with moving house, Lin...such a big thing in life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wings is looking so pretty... I'm impressed any sewing is being done in the midst of packing....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lovely, both of them. I love the background fabric a lot. Having an embroidery eye will help the second bird to have a more "normal" look. It looks a little deranged at the moment, lol. Happy Holidays to you, my dear. ♥ ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to be able to sit and do some stitching on your Wings and Pretty Things for FNSI..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moving house before Christmas in the middle of a pandemic? You have my sympathy! I hope it goes well, and you get back to stitching soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the move and Season's Greetings too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the move. I hope it doesn't take you too long to find all the bits you need.
    Merry Christmas and all the best for the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bird looks wonderful. Geed luck with the move and a very Happy Christmas to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Christmas greetings from Viola. A wonderful Christmas for you and yours. Hug from me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Actually that little bird almost looks like he has an eye already from the print. Sweet project. I hope your move goes well and that you can get settled quickly so you can keep doing the handwork.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cute are those blocks! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope your move goes well Lin.
    Happy New Year and happy travelling.
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty fabrics you have chosen. Hope all goes well with your house move.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am loving your blocks Lin.....well done xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.