Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 19 August 2023

FNSI August

 And many thanks to Wendy for hosting again - pop over here to see who else took part. There was also lots of activity over on the facebook page too.

Not much time to sew and so I thought I had better crack on with my swap hexies for the month and here they are



Good to get them done and they will be in the post on Monday.

We have had a busy couple of weeks and so there has not been much happening on the sewing front. I did get my RSC hearts appliqued down last week


Then I couldn't resist getting out all my hearts to see how they looked. Well!


My first regret was setting them on point and my second was using those dark backgrounds for the blue! Oh well.

I have got some pretty floral fabric that I might use as plain blocks between the hearts and for the edging triangles and regig the colours so that the darker backgrounds are at the bottom. On the other hand I could just remake the blue blocks! Two more months to go though before I make a decision.

Another busy week coming up and I should have some travel pics for you next week.

Have a lovely week




12 comments:

  1. Your heart quilt top is starting to come together. I'm sure you will pleased with it when it is finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Hexie blocks and also RSC hearts....

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hearts look so wonderful especially when seeing them all together like this. I love the blues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely hexies and hearts Lin, great photo with the bumble bee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You could maybe use a darker background for some more blocks, so that the blues have friends?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some is better than none..... the hearts look good .... dark is fine but as you say you can fix it if you like lighter...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. The swap blocks are sweet, love the floral fabric. Good that you laid out your heart blocks. They are so pretty and now you know you will have to work on incorporating a little something more to make them work. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those little heart blocks are super sweet. I know putting them on point can be a challenge but they look great in that layout. Looking forward to your travel pics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Depending on what colours we get next - maybe do a few more dark backgrounds and use them in one corner to group them,....you will sort it I am sure

    ReplyDelete
  10. The hearts look so pretty :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.