Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 2 December 2023

FNWF's for December

 And our last FNWF's for the year. Many thanks to Cheryll for organising us again over the year and I for one look forward to our Fridays next year.

It was a cold grim day here but we had arranged to go out so out we went! Nothing of interest to report except that at lunchtime the trees on the hills were still sporting frost and looking very pretty!


There was not much of the afternoon left by the time we got home so after doodling a few snowflakes in my sketchbook - we missed out on the snow that fell earlier in the week - and cooking dinner I settled down with my knitting for an evening of snooker.

Another pair of socks are under way - this time for me - and the yarn is called starling. I love the colours.


Having had to take back three or four inches due to a dropped stitch, I have now made that up and am at the toe decrease stage. Something for later today I think.

Earlier in the week I had the sewing machine out to finish my Churndashalong quilt - which I did and it is now waiting for some warmer weather so I can wash it. Photo shoot to come!

But I also whipped up one of these Hemmingway pouches and it was very quick and easy to put together!



The link will take you to the pattern on Etsy. It comes in four sizes - mine is the smallest and is perfect for pencils. The larger sizes make book or tablet sized cases. The only thing I would do differently is the binding on the inner seams which is far too bulky on the corner and impossible to poke out properly. I think a neat over sewing with a zigzag would be sufficient. Otherwise I am really pleased with it.

That is all for now, have a happy stitchy weekend and I leave you with a picture of the garden I took about half an hour ago, just after lunch. No sign of it lifting today!

11 comments:

  1. Your pencil case is so bright & cheerful, I love it! Speaking of love, that yarn is gorgeous and you are going to have the prettiest socks around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pouch is great. It so pretty and bright. I might have to make some for my nephew/nieces. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your header photo is fabulous. WOW!! Spiders are great engineers. Love the socks' colour and the Hemmingway pouch too. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always thought it would be interesting to make a quilt in the somber neutrals of a cloudy winter day. Your picture of the road reminded me of that idea, maybe someday?

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh that looks cold.... from my app it looks like we will leave at 36 degrees and arrive to 2! haha.... many need to keep a jumper in hand luggage!!! love the new socks you are making - you do find interesting yarn to play with... never heard of that particular zippy purse... looks great....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. That yarn is just gorgeous Lin - love the colour AND the name. And your pouch is so sweet - that looks a most interesting pattern - I shall have to go check that out. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute garden area. I love your little zipper pouch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for joining in FNwF in 2023.
    Merry Christmas to you & the family...xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my blog to see my flimsies. Am curious - what is FNWF? Very cute projects!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a very pretty wool - the socks will be delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh that looks cold!!!!!!! It looks like you will need those socks very soon. Cute pouch

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.