Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 10 February 2024

Friday Night with Friends, again!

 Lovely to get another chance to link up with stitchers around the globe for a creative Friday night. Many thanks Cheryll and you can see who else joined in here

I have been travelling this week and was a little behind with my stitch journal but got it all up to date Friday evening. Here is how my reds are looking.


While I was away I was able to crack on with my knitting on coach and train. The swallow sock has progressed nicely and yesterday evening I completed the decrease after the heel turn.


This is knitting up beautifully, however, it is now going to join the easy lace sock I finished last weekend in the UFO bag as I now have a commission for two pairs of socks which need to take priority. The first pair are in another WYS bird yarn called robin. Stay tuned.

I stayed a couple of nights at Frinton on Sea which is across on the east coast in Essex. It is unusual for a seaside town in that there are no shops or amusements along the sea front. Just apartments and houses looking out over a wide green to the sea. There are lots of colourful beach huts along the promenade. I had a couple of lovely walks along the prom and thought I had taken more photographs but it appears not!


It had been very windy the day before and you can see all the pebbles along the prom that had been thrown up by the sea.

You may need to click on this next photograph to enlarge it. In the mist is a huge wind turbine farm.


Thats all from me this week - hopefully I shall be back next week for FNSI. Have a great week.

12 comments:

  1. It looks like a lovely walk, Lin! I zoomed in and yes indeed, there were windmills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely red work and knitting work, Lin. We have those huge windmills at about 40 miles away from here. They are so tall. I was able to see them in your picture. Great place for a walk, too bad it was so windy. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving the reds for your stitch journal Lin. That colourway in the swallow sock is just beautiful. I shall go back & zoom in on the last pic. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES I saw them!!! Heaps of them 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the windmills too! Was it chilly when you walked? Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great place to go for a walk, love your frosty butterfly, your red stitching is growing really well, enjoy your sock making.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little getaway sounds lovely. Your swallow sock is gorgeous. Love those yarn colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely collection of red ... great idea to have knitting on the coach and train and lovely that someone wants some of your special ones.... I always love seeing coloured beach huts..
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. I imagine that your walk would have been very cold. Nice work on the sock and yes commission work definitely takes priority.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those yarn colours look great together. Nice job...xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. When we travel, I almost always have a pair of socks on the make too. They are lightweight and don't take up much space. Perfect travel companions! Your sock looks great. Commissioned for two pair? Sounds like time to take a couple more getaways! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the variety of reds there! And what a lovely breezy walk it must have been.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.