Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 17 February 2024

FNSI February

 Many thanks Wendy for our Friday Night Sew In - see who else took part here

My first sewing for the day, as always at the moment, was my Stitch Journal. The red page is slowly filling, well actually the month seems to be whizzing past and the page is filling quite quickly!


Yesterdays pebble was the stacked herringbone cross, lower middle. Such a versatile stitch herringbone. And while I am on a red theme here and as I will be linking with Angela for her RSC update here are my log cabins for the month with Jennifer's lovely embroidery (slightly altered to suit me) in the middle of one of them.


These were finished earlier in the week.

But back to Friday. I finally had a trip to a LQS, tucked away on a farm up in the Quantock hills and managed to spend a small fortune but came away with lots of goodies! One of which was binding fabric for my Red Manor House quilt. I machined the binding onto the quilt earlier in the week and have been spending some time each evening hemming it down. So that was my next Friday job. It's a long way around that quilt! I got quite a bit done yesterday but still more to do. Here is work in progress - I think about a quarter left.



Another purchase was the backing fabric for Wings and Pretty Things which has also been waiting quite a while for this next stage. I layered this up at my patchwork group on Tuesday afternoon.


As soon as I have finished hemming RMH I will start hand quilting this. Am so looking forward to quilting again!
Also while I had a large table to work on I layered up last years RSC top.


Those creases are from folding since I layered up - it was ironed before!! This one is for machine quilting and probably Linus so no hurry at the moment.

I think that is all my news for now so I will leave you with the first daffodils in our garden - later than most peoples, I think because they are in a part of the garden that gets no sun. Have a lovely week.


21 comments:

  1. I like the variety of your red projects. I can't wait to see the quilting on Wings & Pretty things, are you going to hand quilt it? Your daffodils looks so nice, mine haven't even popped through the soil yet. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work with red, Lin. Glad you found the fabric for RMH's binding. You will be able to enjoy it soon. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very excited to see the final photos of your Red Manor House quilt! It's caught my eye in the past when you've shown progress photos. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some lovely projects this week Lin. I was thinking of your Stitch Journal this week for some reason - while I was mowing my lawns (!!) Its always wonderful to see the first daffy's & makes you feel that spring is around the corner. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got heaps done, lovely to go and visit the LQS and bring some goodies home to finish off (and hopefully new beginnings).... the daffodils are a good sign???? my daughter says it has been a mild February...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful projects heading towards the finish line Lin. Nice to see the first signs of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see the Wings and Pretty Things, again. So pretty! Nice to see the daffodils, too. It's snowing here, No spring flowers for a few weeks, yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those red log cabin blocks are pretty. The wee house stitchery is sweet. You are soon going to have a bevy of beautiful quilts finished, Lin. How wonderful! Sweet, sweet daffodils.....now that must be lovely sight...spring is on its way there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your various RED projects are coming along nicely, Lin!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A busy week in the sewing room. Always dangerous for the wallet when walking into quilt shops.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty reds. Red also in the binding, I find stitching the binding down very soothing and reflective, remembering all those lovely fabrics making up the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I drool over Wings and Pretty Things! I am drawn to the lovely fabric with words on it, the soft colors, and the beautiful applique'.
    Lin, blogger blocks me whenever I try to respond to your comments. I thank you for every sweet message you send regarding my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lots of red happening ...love the little house. I do enjoy hand stitching the bindings...though a few hours in one go is enough for me...I do love daffodils and jonquils ...so pretty - not good in humid climates though

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a breath of springtime to see your daffodils blooming. They may be late but here ours are just starting to pop up out of the ground! Sounds like such a productive week. Glad you found goodies at the LQS. Love those little red blocks with a sweet embroidered one too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah, there are daffodils out in some parts of our area, and Very Definitely Not in others!
    I do love your red pebbles!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We're not quite there yet with the daffodils... the snowdrops are in their most beautiful blooms here.
    I love daffodils... and Lin, once the tulips come...
    we can't wait for spring!!!
    Your quilt blocks are great and yes, I like to believe you spent a small fortune... I'm looking for backing fabric and haven't found it yet.
    Your red of February is great...let's see what March will bring...
    Viola sends you many happy greetings

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful reds.....your stitching journal is going to be lovely. Love your version of Wings.

    ReplyDelete
  18. love all your red blocks and stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lin - I'm thrilled to see you are hand stitching in your stitch journal. I love it. Actually I love all the red in your other projects too. The binding on your quilt is so lovely and I bet you are enjoying attaching it. And just think it will be done before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So many beautiful projects, I've started a slow stich journal,there's so many ideas out there just one is not going to be an option lol thanks for always popping in for a visit

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.