Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

mardi 10 juin 2014

A New Orchid in the Garden

Why this orchid has suddenly appeared in our garden I have no idea! However, it is lovely to have found one and we will appreceite it while it is here.


It is a Fragrant Orchid - Gymnadenia conopsea and stands about one foot high.


It is a pretty, delicate pink against the strong colour of all our Pyramidal orchids.


We also have a lot of bee orchids this year - this one is the normal colour


But I also found this paler version today. It looks white in the picture but is actually a very very pale pink.


The temperature is creeping up here again today - I am looking forward to a day at the coast tomorrow.

Lin xx

12 commentaires:

Karen a dit…

Simply beautiful Lin!

Anthea a dit…

They are all so pretty Lin, and ever so dainty! Gorgeous pic...

And your postcards in the previous post are amazing... very creative & artistic...

Heather a dit…

wow, I would be most happy to have orchids in my yard. The tulips I planted two years ago survived the harsh winter and looked lovely. Now to find some annuals to add more colour.

Egléa Senna a dit…

Lindas orquideas! Elas são bem diferentes das que tenho aqui!
Um abraço!
Beautiful orchids! They are quite different from what I got!
Hugs!

Susan a dit…

Hi Lin Do the Orchards self seed or have you planted them yourself X:) Either way, they are gorgeous flowers.

Fiona a dit…

those are all so pretty...
Hugz

JennyPennyPoppy a dit…

That's so wonderful that you have orchids just growing outside in your garden. The only kind we have here are one's you buy in a pot. I have one that I bought last year and am so pleased that it's bloomed twice now for me. Lovely orchids Lin :)

Anonyme a dit…

How lovely to have orchids in your garden!
Enjoy your day at the seaside.

ukciutycrafter@live.co.uk

Maria a dit…

What beautiful flowers...and the photos you took of them are lovely :-)

Sheila a dit…

What a lovely gift from nature , the orchids are gorgeous !

Judy a dit…

That's interesting that one would grow just in the field like that. Thanks for sharing the lovely flowers with us. Enjoy your day at the coast!

Cathy Daniel a dit…

So beautiful. I don't think I have ever seen a bee orchid before - what an interesting thing it is! xCathy