Most importantly the wedding I was preparing to go to.
My stepson Gary, his wife Catherine and their daughter Emily who is the cutie in the middle.
And here is the quilt I made them to celebrate their marriage.
This is the Mystery Quilt that I made with Heather Spence starting last autumn. The front of the quilt is all pieced from butterfly prints as Catherine loves butterflys. The reverse of the quilt is a Dr Who fabric as Gary is a big Dr Who fan.
In the spring I took part in a postcard swap organised by Sheila. One of the other participants in the swap was Eglea who is from Brazil. I contacted her suggesting a swap and she agreed.
Here is the lovely postcard that she sent me.
I think these delicate machine embroidered flowers look beautiful on the openweave fabric background. The card is also lightly padded and is lovely to hold.
Here is the card that I sent to Eglea.
While I was printing onto fabric for my spring postcards I also did some prints onto paper. These tulips were printed onto brown kraft paper from my stock. It already had a background print on it which had been over inked with procion dye ink. The paper was then well crumpled before I printed the tulips. Because the paper was well crumpled it becomes like fabric and is easy to sew into and so I worked a simple running stitch to outline the shapes.
My card to Eglea took just over a week to reach Brazil whereas her card to me took exactly a month to travel the same distance! We were both getting worried.
I am busy sorting and organising my thread stash - looking forward to getting back to some sewing soon.
Hope you are enjoying your week.