Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Monday 22 October 2018

Finally finished!

Back in 2015 a facebook group that I belong to organised a block of the month. I kept up with the blocks - you may have followed my progress here - and then I stalled. Earlier this year I decided to try the quilt as you go method on these blocks and I found this to be brilliant. The blocks got quilted in no time at all - far less daunting that having a whole quilt in front of you to quilt. The sashing and borders were soon added and then it got hot! And it stayed hot for most of the summer, so sitting with a quilt on my lap to finish off the quilting was not pleasant. However, to bring a long ramble to a close, quilting of the borders and sashing is finally finished and here is the ta dah moment!





Hand pieced and hand quilted - I did a fairly random wavy line through the sashing and a loopy one round the borders.
Nice to cross something off my UFO list.

20 comments:

  1. Well done indeed! Quilting isn't really something to be doing in high summer, I agree - but so nice to see it finished as the weather turns, and thus in time to be useful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A most beautiful quilt. It is always a wonderful thing to completely hand stitch and hand quilt a quilt. I love the idea of quilting as you go. A fabulous finish, Lin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful finish! Handquilting is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful quilt indeed! Pink and green are always a favorite with me. I’d really like to try this quilt as you go technique. Maybe on something small first. It was very hot all summer long, but I have air conditioning, so quilting in the summer works fine for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, congratulations on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on this gorgeous finish! It is so peaceful and feminine. I love it! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful finish, love the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's beautiful, I love the colours you have used and most impressed with all the hand work involved.... great quilt and just in time as it gets cooler for you...

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Lin!
    It always seems the sweeter when something that has been taking a while is finished - good for you.
    It looks beautiful too and I do like that swirling stitch through the border... a lovely touch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great way to get this quilt finished - it's beautiful and looks a perfect size for snuggling under as winter approaches!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lin your quilt is beautiful. Well done. Having hot summers sure does limit hand quilting time....happens here too xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Well done! I am so impressed that it is all hand done as I love traditional patchwork. It was well worth the time and effort.

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks amazing Lin...finishes always feel good don't they? xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great finish! The colours are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A magnificent finish, indeed! Looks so soft. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful quilt, love the colours you have chosen. Congratulations on the finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well done, Lin, it looks fabulous! Lovely colours and finish, you must be pleased :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful finish Lin, I always like the colours you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A beautiful quilt. I can totally understand why you put it to one side over the summer - I did a bit of quilting and really regretted it! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.