Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 20 October 2018

FNSI October

The weeks are whizzing by far too quickly! Many thanks Wendy for hosting our get together again - click on the link to see what everyone was working on.


I have had the pattern for a weebrawbag for a few weeks now and have been itching to make one.


The pattern is by Laura Cunningham and you can find her on Instagram @laura_zuckerkuss

So yesterday afternoon I got out my fabrics and started cutting. There are two sizes of bag so of course I decided to make one of each!


For the smaller bag I am using some delicious batiks that have been in my stash for a while. For the larger bag some pretty floral for the pocket and a bird print for the bag.

No time to start sewing as we were then off to visit a friend for a walk through her woods. The weather here is still amazing although chilly at night. So we are seeing clear blue skies every day. No sign yet of migrating cranes so winter is not too imminent!

During the evening I managed a little more quilting on my pink quilt.


A few more evenings should see this finished! At last.

Anyway, I am off to sew a bag or two - have a great weekend.

22 comments:

  1. Our weather has been turning to Autumn lately too with warm-ish days and chilly nights too. That walk in the woods sounds wonderful as I enjoy hiking around too. Your pink & green quilt is really looking beautiful. Hope to see the finished picture soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous bag you worked on Lin and I like your fabric chose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Weebrawbag is a quick and easy pattern. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fabric you picked for your bags. Can't wait to see the finished product. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fabrics you've chosen look lovely. Can't wait to see you bags. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute bags! It must feel good to be so close to finishing the pink quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bags look great Lin, you have chosen lovely fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's a lovely pattern and will be great in your chosen fabrics... lovely to enjoy the days and walks for the time being...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. The fabrics are charming Lin, your bags will be lovely :D)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ondrea here. I have never heard of those bags but the pattern looks lovely. Nice fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your choice of fabrics for the bags, Lin!
    Thanks for the link, I spent a happy while there looking at all the pretty bags!
    Your pink quilt is gorgeous! Love the fabrics and the quilting too!
    ....... now you’ve got me thinking ..... I’ve got that green dotty fabric amongst my stash and was thinking of using it, and then not, but seeing yours it’s back on my list of fabrics to use again!
    Look forward to seeing your quilt finished!
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I’d trade sewing time for a walk in the woods any day of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely fabrics you have chosen for those cute bags . I am sure your walk in the woods was very enjoyable, it is still lovely weather here as well .

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute bags, love your fabrics!! Oh I would love to see the migrating cranes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the fabric choices you made for the bags!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oohhh... I like those bags...
    Pretty fabric too... xox

    ReplyDelete
  17. A walk in the woods under a blue sky....sounds delightful. These two bags are both pretty. Fabulous fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A walk in the woods under a blue sky....sounds delightful. These two bags are both pretty. Fabulous fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those bags are going to be lovely in your chosen fabrics. And I may have to track down the pattern, I love the shape of them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely fabrics you have chosen for your bags. Look forward to seeing them x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hope you had a lovely evening walk. Great choices of fabric. Can't wait to see the completed bags

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your fabric choice, Lin. I look forward to seeing your bags sewn up x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.