Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 20 July 2019

FNSI

Thank you Wendy for hosting our evening again although it was not as I had planned.
Started off well in the afternoon. This pattern


came to me late last year from the lovely Maria. Now I am not a fan of dolls - something about the eyes gives me the creeps - but these don't have eyes! And they really appealed to me. Unable to source a copy of the pattern Maria very kindly sent me hers and I shall be passing it on to someone else once I have finished with it.
So, I had started cutting out the pieces on Thursday, so I soon finished that job


and so out with the machine and on to sewing together the arms, legs and bodies. Which was soon accomplished.



Then came the phone call that I had been expecting - my Mother died peacefully early in the afternoon. She had a major hip operation at the beginning of June and moved into a care home towards the end of the month. But she never really picked up although bravely made it through Dad's funeral. They spent 69 married years together and now they are reunited.


Mum's 90th earlier this year
 
So thank you dear friends for keeping me company yesterday evening.

22 comments:

  1. Oh Lin, I am so sorry, what a year you are having! Nothing I say will make it better for you, but I am thinking about you,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lyn, so sorry about your mum. AS you say they are reunited and I am sure that is some sort of comfort.... so sad for her after your Dad went.
    YOur santa garland will be great... it is rather cute but looks very fiddly too...
    Thinking of you...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your Mum. Your Santa garland will look wonderful. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Lin, what a ghastly year for you! But as you say, they are together again, and at peace. Sending many virtual hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sorry for your loss Lin,
    but as you said they are together again
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear your sad news. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry to hear your news Lin, but happy to hear your Mum passed peacefully. What a year you have had! Thinking of you.The Santa garland looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very sorry to hear about your mother passing so soon after loosing your Dad but now they are reunited and the many memories of them both will always be with you . Big hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. 69 years of marriage - how wonderful! And now together for all eternity. I know you'll miss her. Peace & comfort to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am saddened to hear that your mum has passed away and send you many angel healing hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too am so very sorry for the sadness you have Lin. Your Mum looks such a sweet and gentle lady. The photo of both your Mum and Dad is just beautiful. My heart goes out to you.

    Your stitching of the dolls is looking good and faces aren't always needed that is true, same as in paintings.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. (((((((((((((((Lin)))))))))))))))) Oh sweetheart my heart breaks for you...saying lots of prayers for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to read of your mother's passing but she had a good long life and now is back with your Dad....🤗🤗🤗🤗

    I'm pleased you're having fun with the Santa Garland. Look forward to see them made and together.....
    Will be great to pass the pattern on and see how far it can travel....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lin,
    So sorry to hear about your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  15. And now your mum ..... But when they are very old you hear that numerous times...... One goes then the other one goes pretty soon after......extra big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I'm so sorry Lin about you losing both of your parents. That is so tough, even when they've had a long and happy life.

    Take care of yourself,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lin, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know it is hard even though they have reached the age 90. Still your parents.
    Keep you in my prayers, take care.
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lin, I am so sorry to read about your losses.
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, honey, I’m so sorry for your loss. Both parents in such a short time, bless your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am so sorry your beloved mum passed away, Lin. My goodness you have had a horrible time of late. It is never easy to say goodbye to our parents. Take care, lovely lady♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Lin, so sorry to hear about the passing of your mum, very sad times for you but I´m sure she´s now with her other half and at peace. The little dolls look interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.