Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 26 September 2020

Bit of a change!

 In the weather - last Saturday it was 33 degrees here, today the forecast is for 14 degrees! We have had some rain at last although a couple of big storms missed us and all we got was some light rain from the edge as they passed by.

Instagram has been tempting me again. There has been a stitch along this week for these tubs


which I thought looked very useful. The smallest one in the picture is made using selvedges and I need to make use of my overflowing box of selvedges!


So here it is. The instructions were really clear and easy to follow.


The small tub measures 4.5" diameter and is perfect for storing my label collection.



Now that the weather is cooler I want to get on with quilting Red Manor House and so it needed layering up. I took advantage of a clear dining room table to take a picture of my tablecloth now that all the flowers have been added.




It needs lots more leaves and I have ordered a few more batiks so this is now on hold for a couple of weeks.

I started layering up RMH on the dining room table but it really was not working so I relocated to the outside table which worked a treat!


Played 'thread chicken' with the safety pins!



And so I have made a start on the quilting.


Not easy to see in this picture but I am going round the window frames and the door before outlining the house itself. Nice to have it tucked around my knees now it is chillier although now that it is layered up it is very weighty!

Last weeks use of the new blogger seems to have worked OK thank goodness and all the comments have come through safely. Next bit to investigate is replacing my header picture - I wonder if that procedure will have changed at all!
Have a good week.


24 comments:

  1. What wonderful works! The little red bucket is cute as can be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tubs are adorable and a good way to use up selvages, (I have a drawerful too). You are making good headway on Manor House and hope you don't have to wait too long for your batiks for the leaves on your table cloth. Speaking of leaves, those pink autumn leaves on your header are glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great work there, I love both those quilts in progress.... the weather turned cool here too... down southwards is having quite good snow! hand quilting sounds perfect for the cooler weather... so far I have avoided trying to make any changes with my blog.... just in case I then have to sort out a problem I made! haha...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a real cute mini tub. I love it. The basket quilt is coming along beautifully. Enjoy the hand quilting. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some lovely projects on the go at your place. The wee tubs look useful.
    Our weather is changeable too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tubs are so cute. I’ll have to see if I can find a tutorial on them. I don’t do Instagram. It’s a great use of selvedges. I have lots of those too. Your quilts in progress are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always great to have some hand quilting on the go. It does help keep you warm. Cute little bucket too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great little bucket you have made, perfect for your labels. Our weather is all over rather place here too, there was snow in some of the slightly higher areas of Victoria as Fiona mentioned. There were lots of photos on fb and Instagram. Your quilts are both beautiful, nothing better than sandwiching outside.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lin wow i love your new bucket ,i always love seeing your beautiful work ,you are very clever Lin,well done and hope your day is a good one xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a beautiful little tup! love the selvages.
    your two tops look amazing. Love them both!!
    Sounds like you are having Melbourne weather, except we can have the two extremes in the one day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those fabric buckets are so sweet Lin & look really useful too. Gosh both those quilts you are layering up are just stunning. I look forward to seeing the quilting as you work your magic on them both.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your tub! Your quilting is lovely and it would be enjoyable doing it while keeping your lap warm. The weather is topsy turvy here too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've got a lot done. I can just imagine how cosy quilting that last one will be - definitely a job for autumn and winter!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is all looking very nice :-), and we need to have a change sometimes.
    Weather here - I have taken to wearing my thermal vest indoors, and the heating is on for a couple of times a day (electric blanket back on the bed); the crazy bit is that the sun is shining, but such cold winds.
    xx


    ReplyDelete
  15. You are certainly a busy lady and so successful in accomplishing so much. What a good idea for using salvages. I save them all the time but have never done anything with them. Thanks for the idea. Your quilting is coming along beautifully as well. can’t wait to see the finished reduction.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautiful projects.Hard to pick only one best favorite!
    Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Basting outside sounds wonderful! And hand quilting in the cooler weather is so appealing. Have fun with these projects over the next few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cute tub. I love your Manor House...are you hand quilting? The baskets are juat lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those little tubs are great & your selvage one is a perfect addition to your sewing area. The manor house looks beautiful too...xox

    ReplyDelete
  20. Playing pin chicken! Hahaha Glad you won. I do love baskets. They will be fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I forgot to mention I LOVE the new header - I think it's new. Anyway, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gosh, that is a lot of quilting there. Both quilts are lovely and will be amazing when you have finished. Love that sweet little tub. Such a fabulous idea to use your leftover selvages.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely fabric tubs, what a good idea to use up selvedges, and the Red Manor House quilt is very pretty, lots of quilting to do there.

    ReplyDelete
  24. goodluck with the quilting.......I do love red manor house.......

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.