A few weeks ago I showed you this picture of some collograph gelli prints that I had made using a tutorial from Design Matters TV.
I have started working into a couple of them
but I was soon distracted by the idea of printing the designs onto fabric and came up with these.
The top two are printed onto white cotton sheeting and the bottom three onto hand dyed cottons. I was very pleased with how these turned out - even the ones that dont show up very clearly at the bottom. Needing something for a postcard I took the print on the bottom left
and bonded it to some pelmet vilene before adding some machine stitch to the background to emphasise the shapes, and to the pomegranate seeds.
I used some gold paint to hightlight the hexagons and the pomegranate and there we are, one postcard!
It has been lovely to watch the garden coming to life during March so I will leave you with a few of my favourite photogrpahs.