Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Friday 28 October 2022

Churndashingalong in October

 


Having completed the little wall hanging last month (and gifted it) my task this month was to finish putting together the churn within a churn within a churn which will be a tablecloth for me. I did have to order more fabric as those outer squares are 14" but fortunately the shop where I originally bought the fabrics had the last of this line on sale, so not a huge expense.


I do have enough of the pink and brown floral to make a scrappy binding for this and for Wings so I think I had better get that made next before I use them for something else! Also need to look out for something to use as a backing - again for this and for Wings. Then the problem of how to quilt - as I don't do fmq I think I shall have to practice some walking foot designs.

October has been a very mild month here with just one near miss of a frost early in the month. Overnight temperatures at the moment are over 10 degrees. So the garden is still thriving and looking very colourful.




Have a great weekend.

5 comments:

  1. Lovely to see your churns all together like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely to see the garden pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty fabrics in your churn dash's Lin. And your garden is looking so wonderful still - & the grass so green. Usually by autumn our grass has turned to brown. We are getting good rain today as things did need a good drink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I envy your gorgeous garden!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this triple churn dash looks great........goodluck deciding on backings etc........the garden is pretty......

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.