Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 22 October 2022

Not one but two!

 Finishes - just like buses, they seem to come together.

I spent the afternoon of FNSI adding the final borders to my Wings and Pretty Things flimsy and it is lovely to see it all finished.


A few close ups.





As usual the colour reproduction is not brilliant - it was pouring with rain and I pegged it to a blind so there is light coming from behind.

I loved working on all of this (well maybe not so much the final border) and am so pleased with the final result. Many thanks to Michelle for her beautiful pattern and encouragement along the way.

This is now heading to my quilting pile but first I need to finish the quilting on my Red Manor House quilt - it is going to keep my legs warm this winter!

Having finished the top and photographed it I moved on to finishing the pair of socks I started in the summer. I like to have a pair of socks on the go for a bit of a change in the evenings. Never quick finishes but there is really no hurry.


For these I used Winwick Mum's basic sock pattern and the lovely stripy yarn was designed by Zandra Rhodes for West Yorkshire Spinners. Very pleased with these and with how I managed to get them to match!

Well that's it from me for today. We have had some sun today which has been good but back to the rain this afternoon. Well, we do need rain. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

14 comments:

  1. A truly delightful finish and a taste of summer as you head in to winter. Love the socks and great to see you in Zoom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous quilts. All the little circles in the middle are the same size. You sure know your way around appliques. Great job! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wings and pretty things is just so beautiful Lin. You must be so chuffed to have it all ready to quilt. Just gorgeous ❤

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lin, what a lovely finish! I love seeing that project and am very tempted. I also love the idea of a quilt keeping you warm as we move into winter. Great socks too. Oh and pretty header photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is beautiful! You must be quite pleased with yourself. Love your socks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, your quilt is beautiful and your socks look fabulous too! ๐Ÿ˜€

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely Fall colors photo at the end of your post. But the real beauty is your finally finished flimsy! You have every right to be pleased with your beautiful work on it. It’s obvious that it has been a labor of love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous quilt! Very well done. The socks are very pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A delightful finish indeed - and warm cosy socks for the winter as well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The quilt is just BEAUTIFUL ! I so love applique quilts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning, simply stunning. Your handwork is exquisite, Lin, and really makes your quilt sing. ๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’“

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wings and pretty things - gorgeous! The name reminds me of a quilt I made years ago I called "Winged Things". It was a round robin. https://dreamworthyquilts.blogspot.com/2012/01/swap-party-entry-winged-things.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.