Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Sunday 23 July 2023

FNSI July again!

 So we have had two FNSI's this month and I joined in again on Friday. I decided that this was the time to get a finish ticked off my list and so on Thursday I spent an hour or so cutting and interfacing all the pieces to make up my clamshell Sew Together Bag. This meant that on Friday I was ready to get the machine out of it's hidy hole and crack on. By the time I had had enough for the day I was to the point of adding the main zip. This I completed on Saturday afternoon and I now have a second Sew Together bag using the lovely Tilda fabrics.




Once again the bag went together like a dream, this really is a good pattern. And I do love the clamshells.

Many thanks Wendy for getting us together again.

                                                             ++++++++++++++++

Earlier in the week we visited Dunster Castle again. This time with friends who had not visited before and who were both very impressed with the castle and it's grounds. It is a while since I had been inside and it was nice to be reminded of this beautiful silk patchwork cover on one of the beds.



Poor lighting for conservation reasons.

It is dated 1830 and was made by three spinster Luttrell sisters. The Luttrell family owned the castle from the late 14th century.

We also discovered the recently restored 'Dream Garden' which was originally laid out in the early 1900's by another member of the Luttrell family. I have often peered through this gate and wished I could get inside!


This time the gate was open and it was lovely!






I do love that gate!

That's all from me for now, have a great week.


12 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a finished project and a lovely one with that. It looks so complicated to do. Love the clamshells. Dunster Castle has a gorgeous garden. So lovely. That quilt is amazing; all silk, all hand-sewn ... awesome! You take such beautiful pictures that everything always look so wonderful. Thanks for sharing. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great bag! Several of my "sewing sisters" have made this bag. I guess I need to get the pattern and make one for me! So glad you got a peek at that garden. It looks phenomenal! I just love garden walks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must try making a Sew Together bag.
    Thanks for taking us to the Dream Garden. It is quite dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely place to visit... I always love when old things are conserved so well. YOur new bag is so pretty and the clamshells just right for it...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the clamshell pouch! I have a clamshell cushion pattern and the EPP papers put aside for 'one day'. Oh dear, I have so many projects put aside for that day. Ha ha!!
    Hugs,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Sew Together pouch came out beautifully in the Tilda fabrics. The castle and grounds are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dunster is definitely going to have to go on the list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful clamshells Lin...love them in the pouch. What a wonderful antique quilt and stunning gardens. Thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous garden - lucky you could get inside this time.
    Love the second bag....now that I have dug mine out - it is getting good use!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I missed this one... I like Dunster castle, I like its position high up, overlooking the countryside. The gardens look lovely, lush ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You sewed a beautiful bag, and it is the wonderful fabric.
    You had a great tour of Dunster Castle, the quilt is wonderful and lucky you got to go into the garden... thanks for the lovely photos, a pleasure to see.
    Many greetings to you from Viola

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your sew together bag looks great.... Esp with the clam shells as a feature.......
    What a gorgeous place to visit...... And the garden of do pretty......I too like the gate very much.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.