Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 4 November 2023

FNWFs November

 I had plans to write a post last week but it just didn't happen, so lots to catch up on here. First of all though many thanks to Cheryll for hosting us - see who else took part here 

We had visitors and planned to take them to Wellington Monument however when we got there the rain was just arriving along with mist and so no chance of a view of Somerset for them sadly. Had a lovely lunch with them before they went on their way and we headed home.

Earlier in the week I bought this lovely book, all about making your own fabric and paper books.



I have her first book and many years ago I made a little book all about leaves which I love and loved making. Some new techniques to try in this book so I thought I would have a play.

I backed some linen scraps with a vilene stabiliser, also a piece of old white cotton pillowcase. I painted a piece of each with gesso and put them aside to dry. Then took a piece of the cotton and drew a basic flower. Coloured it in with Inktense pencils. For some reason I have not tried these on fabric before, anyway very pleased with how this turned out although I obviously need to use less water as I have a bit of a halo.

Dry pencil


After wetting


I then played with Koh i noor ink paints on the two fabrics and on the gessoed cotton.




Very happy with my samples so far.

A few weeks ago I picked up two balls of this pretty three ply yarn from my favourite charity shop in Wellington.


As soon as I had finished the Woodpecker socks I got out my crochet hook and starting working with this yarn. It is lovely - so soft and silky. So my evening was spent adding a few rows to this scarf.



                                                   ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

After Thursdays stormy weather, a lot of which we were on the edge of, and yesterdays rain, we have had a sunshine and showers day today. We went off to Blue Anchor to meet up with family and were treated to a number of rainbows. This was the best.



If you could see it, Wales is under the rainbow.

Now to catch up, here are the finished Green Woodpecker socks. Lovely sock yarn from West Yorkshire Spinners.


And this week I have been busy with some Crazy Quilting which has been fun to do after so long away. Enjoyed making this little purse for a friend.


Looking a bit lopsided in above pic but it isn't!




Hand dyed recycled fabrics and thread, purchased silk ribbons.

Well I think that is all for now, have a great weekend.

14 comments:

  1. Preciosos trabajos. BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a lot of fun creating happening there... love your experiments with paper and cloth.... and your new yarn is gorgeous - great find..... what a lot of work in that purse.... and I do love the socks....have you had loads of rain in the storms?
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have lots of great colours in your experiments Lin. Pretty woo; in your crochet and the socks are wonderful. Loved the rainbows. Well done on the little purse too, is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your painting experiments on cloth and paper. Very interesting read. Love the scarf and the little purse. That one is really GORGEOUS!! Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made such creative and pretty projects. Thanks for sharing photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW what gorgeous projects. That little purse is beautiful as is scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your yarn is yummy! What beautiful shades of purple for a lovely scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lin, my apologies - I got so far behind in my blog reading . . .I wont make excuses - just been side tracked. Those yarns you have been using are gorgeous.
    Your hearts for RSC will be so pretty when all together - I gave up using the RSC colours at the light blue or whatever it was - I picked brown & black instead...
    A gorgeous crazy quilting purse - lucky friend.
    Your artwork is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That purse is delightful!
    I have been told to use aloe vera gel as a fixative for inktense on fabric. It makes the fabric rather stiff and waxy, but the colours stay put.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty batch of projects, but that purse! What a delight that must have been to make.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have done many beautiful things. I like... of course :-))) The little purse is cute and your scarf will be great, yes exactly, the most important thing is to use good yarn.
    Your color experiments are very exciting. I wish you happy work, dear Lin.
    Have a wonderful week. Many greetings from Viola

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shame the weather spoilt your plans. That book looks very interesting and the inktense pencils worked a treat. Looking forward to seeing more of your project. That yarn does look lovely and soft. Beautiful crazy patchwork xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so productive! I wrote down that book as it sounds very interesting (like I need a new hobby)...lol! I love your drawings and your paintings on fabric. I heard that you had bad weather over there. So glad you survived. It sounded terrible. The yarn you got is so pretty and goes perfectly with your scarf. Love the socks....so cute! That is an awesome rainbow!
    Your little purse is precious. I totally missed the Friday stitching. Take care and I love all your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many lovely projects you've worked on.
    Nice yarn pick up at your op shop.
    Pretty socks and crazy patch purse.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.