Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 21 October 2023

FNSI October

 Had the house to myself for the afternoon so was able to get my machine out and crack on with a couple of projects. First up, this


became this





Just need to look out a button. Having everything cut out and ready to go made this a quick project. Would have been even quicker but I decided to quilt my bag to give it more stability. This is going to be a little gift bag.

Next up my RSC project. I crossed my fingers and ordered some fabric online to make setting squares for my hearts. Very happy with the fabric that arrived and I started sewing the blocks together after I had finished the bag.


Much happier with how this is looking now. All the bits are cut so next time I get the machine out I should get this all together very quickly.

Thought I would crack on with my knitting while the rugby was on in the evening - sock no 2 is on the home run


but I soon got bored with the rugby and my book was calling so that was it for me.

Many thanks Wendy for hosting us all again.

14 comments:

  1. Luv the bag! Your RSC quit is looking great! It's going to be beautiful! I can't believe I'll have mine finished by the end of the year,last year's needs major redoing lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little bag. The colours are awesome! Love your hearts and looking forward to seeing more of this one. I love reading too. What are you reading at the moment? ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Todo precioso, has trabajado mucho. BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute little bag. It is amazing how much we can achieve without any interruptions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great little bag Lin, so cheerful and I love how the hearts are coming together - it can be a bit tricky when ordering on line..... lots of sport on TV at the moment - your knitting is looking great - love the pattern the yarn makes
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute bag. Love those socks too. Your RSC quilt is coming along very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bellissimi lavori, sei molto brava. Ti seguiro' volentieri.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That little bag has all my favourite colours, which are all the colours? Looks like you had a good sewing day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm intrigued by those hearts. Are they appliqued? Your bag is amazing too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some great projects worked on there Lin. I especially love the fabrics in the bag & that yarn looks so pretty. x0x

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've made some good progress here. Sometimes, though, curling up with a good book is the thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You were very productive! I love the gift bag / tote. The fabric colors are so pretty. Of course, I LOVE the hearts. I'm always a bit hesitant in ordering fabric online but I've yet to be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful bag Lin and lovely fabric in your hearts quilt. Great knitting too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nothing better than having the house to yourself! :-) Lovely bag, love the lining! And the hearts, love them too, I have been thinking about something similar to do (easy to take away with), but started something else now, they will make a pretty quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.