Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 20 January 2024

FNSI January

 And many thanks to Wendy for inviting us again, I look forward to joining everyone on the 3rd Friday for our get together.

I was a bit lax I am afraid on the photograph front. My first task was to alter a skirt - not exciting and certainly not worth a pic!

Next up however I started quilting a cot quilt. The top is one that I made back in the mists of time and has been sitting around waiting for attention. I got it layered up last year and thought I would make a start on the quilting while I had the machine out. I have done about half which took me an hour so I know that next time I get the machine out I need to set aside and hour to finish it off. Sadly it got packed away along with the machine before I realised that I ought to have taken a photo!

In the evening I worked first on my stitch journal. Here is an up to date picture. At the moment I am working on blanket stitch variations.




Then a little bit of knitting on my lace socks.




In other news, the crochet blanket is finished. Pleased with how this turned out and hope it will give someone a nice warm hug next winter.





We have had some cold weather over the last week or so with -7 a couple of nights this week. Mild today and more rain on the way!

I will leave you with a few of my favourite frosty pics.






13 comments:

  1. I love the ripple afghan! Your embroidery is looking so interesting, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The frost pictures are really interesting. It's like the plants are all warm and fuzzy, even though I know they are cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were very busy. I love the rich colours in your crochet rug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, your frosty photos are beautiful, Lin! Love the colours in your crochet blanket. Those rows of woolly ripples sing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stitch journal is looking wonderful Lin. That is some lovely colours in your crochet blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely blanket Lin, and the socks look great too. I am enjoying seeing your Stitch Journal progress. Great frosty pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The frost pictures are gorgeous - but a shame it had to be so cold for you to take them! Great progress on your daily stitching....lots of interesting blocks. I love how your ripple afghan turned out - the rich colourway is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful green stitches for the journal,I never could knit but did some crocheting years ago,so long ago I'm sure id have to relearn lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Preciosa manta y bonitosssss los bordados en color verde. BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such intricate embroidery stitches. I can pretty much guarantee that the Ripple Blanket will provide plenty of warm hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've got quite a lot done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of lovely stitches on your daily project.
    Such a beautiful finish with your ripple Afghan.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely projects,like the embroidery.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.