Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 27 January 2024

Weekend Catchup

 I have been keeping up with my stitch journal. Gave the finished sections a good press before photographing!


Here is a close up of the latest sections.


Today's box is outlined but not filled in yet - random crosses I think will go in there. I have enjoyed using my greens but am now looking forward to February and getting out some red threads.

Friday was a good day. It started out with a brief visit to The Chookshed and a zoom chat with a few lovely ladies. It was early for me - 8am - so I think they had been on there a while. As always good to catch up. But it was such a lovely day here that as soon as I had some washing on the line we headed out to the coast. We went to Dunster beach on the West Somerset coast.

We took a walk first through the holiday chalet park - pretty much deserted at this time of year - and discovered a lake and a nature walk. I love this bridge over the lake.


And the ducks and geese swimming on it.



We walked back to the car along the coast path - the tide was out, just starting to come in. Too hazy for a view of Wales today.


Mr and Mrs Stonechat posed beautifully for me!



I never tire of taking pictures of these groynes.



Spot them in yesterdays journal block....

Earlier in the week I finished quilting the little cot quilt I have been working on . I found the flimsy recently and have no idea when it was made! Some years ago for sure. Anyway I decided it was high time it was finished off especially as I have a friend who can find a good home for it with a charity supporting young mothers. So Friday evening I set to and finished hemming down the binding - just a simple one using backing fabric brought over from the back.


I am hopefully going to run this through the washing machine this week so will do a proper photoshoot then. Nice to have a finish though in January.

Well that is all my news for now, hope you are all enjoying the weekend.



12 comments:

  1. Your embroidery looks great. I don't do much outside walking this time of year. The snow is melted now and we've started mud season. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your journal is looking..... well done for keeping up.... It does look like a beautiful day - definitly time to be out! How cute is that quilt....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to see the progress made on your embroidery. So pretty. Also love the photos from your walk. Our Canadian Geese are all gone south; it was nice to see some enjoying the lake. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stitch journal is wonderful and I did spot the groynes! Nice to have a day out at the beach. That little quilt is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stitch journal is looking great Lin. Your photos are wonderful - I especially love the ducks & geese swimming on the Pond. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always satisfying to have a finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went back to look for the groynes...very clever. Lovely to finish the little cot quilt...I'm sure will be much loved.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely quilt and beautiful stitching

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many pretty stitches on your journal.
    Cute little finish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had to look up the definition of groynes. Then I went back to your embroidery to see your interpretation. Great job!! Love your finished cot quilt and look forward to seeing the beauty shots after a wash.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Lin, what a beautiful winter butterfly.
    At some point you will embroider it on fabric :-))
    You've made wonderful progress with the embroidery sections. It looks very interesting. The day after tomorrow there will be red :-))
    And a UFO was finished, wonderful quilt.
    Thanks for the coastal photos, I rarely get to see them... the coast.
    A hug for you from Viola

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your green stitcheries are lovely....funny how those things just need a little bit to finish them...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.