Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 13 January 2024

Saturday catchup

 It's been a cold week here, mostly grey but there were a couple of lovely sunny days. At the moment we are promised snow for next week but we shall see.

It has been an up and down week but lovely to meet up with friends today for lunch at a local farm shop cafe. Good company and delicious food too.

However, I have managed to keep up with my daily stitch journal so far and amazed to find that we are almost halfway through the month already. Here is my progress so far.



Also this week I have put the socks aside and have been working on the crochet ripple blanket that I started last year. It has now grown quite nicely and last night, after I had taken this picture, I finished the ripples and started on a narrow border.


So hopefully a finish for my next post.

Have a good week.

15 comments:

  1. I love your ripple afghan! It looks so nice and cozy to have on the lap now while working on it. You're doing a good job keeping up with the embroidery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, your hand stitched work is beautiful! You have done quite a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you will be needing that blanket next week. Gorgeous stitchery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing like a catch-up with friends over food and coffee...or tea, to whoosh the winter blues away. Your daily stitching journal is looking fabulous, Lin. Gorgeous embroidery! Love your ripple afghan, too. I'd love to crochet a ripple pretty. Is it difficult to crochet?? Hoping this coming week is a cheerier one for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colours and your crochet blanket will be cosy to work on in your cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stitchery page is looking so wonderful Lin ... as is that crochet blanket. One of my to-do's this year was to teach myself to crochet. We shall see!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colours in your ripple blanket. It is nice on a cold evening to be working on a cosy blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your green embroidery. So many beautiful stitches! I'm also in love with your afghan. The colours are soothing. Almost at the end. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the blanket!! the embroidery sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blanket looks so cozy! Love the colors and your daily stitchery looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many different stitches to kep up with.
    Lovely Afghan.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I might have to do another blanket - since the one I did do was for my mother...!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow your ripple blanket is so lovely. Gorgeous colours! A lunch out with good friends is always a great way to spend time :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Lin, your wave blanket is wonderful. The colors are so beautiful... have fun finishing crocheting.
    It's so nice when a job is finished.
    The different embroideries of your embroidery work look very interesting...it will be wonderful. I'm looking forward to seeing the further work.
    A hug from Viola

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am crushing on your stitch journal. Limiting it to one color makes it meditative. Have a sew joyful week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.