Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 2 March 2024

FNWFs March

 March 1st and the first day of spring - well it was cool and wet so pretty much like winter has been really.

Thank you Cheryll for inviting us again - hoping you are having fun with your visitors. Pop over to Cheryll's blog here to see who else took part.

I had hoped to get RSC threads and fabrics organised for the month but Angela didn't announce the new colour until it was too late for me - so today I am going to be rummaging through my purples.

My Friday was spent quilting Wings and Pretty Things. I started last weekend and the centre panel is all starting to look good.




I have one more corner to go round before the panel is finished.

I finished up my February Stitch Journal panel on Thursday and have enjoyed using my reds. Somehow threads are like fabric and however much you use you still seem to have the same amount left!




                                                                                    x

Sad to say goodbye to Hairy Biker Dave this week. We have followed the Hairy Bikers on their travels since the first series in Portugal and enjoy their relaxed and cheeky presentation. Great recipes too.


x

Have a great weekend everyone and enjoy your purples and challenges.

16 comments:

  1. Your stitchery is so interesting. Have fun creating your purple stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty quilt - those soft colors really look nice with that background

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lin, beautiful red stitching and your Wings and Pretty Things is so lovely. Always interesting stitching occurring over here. You might enjoy motorcyclist, Norally from Holland who is Itchy Boots on Youtube. Presently she is in Africa. We watch an episode each night and I've learned so much about far away places from her shows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wings and Pretty things certainly IS pretty Lin. Just adore those fabrics. Your red page is also very pretty - yes I agree regarding the threads going on for a very long time!! We are just going into autumn here & its wonderful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hand quilting is lovely - I have total admiration for those who do that,
    Aaah - Autumn is here technically - but like you - just an extension of Summer.... 30+ yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty fabrics and your stitching is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilting is going well. Sad to see Hairy Biker Dave has gone, I enjoyed their programmes too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice stitcheries,the quilting is beautiful as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilting is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of pretty projects, wings is looking great. WE are supposed to be Autumning but its still like mid- summer here. I remember the Hairy Bikers .... if I remember the recipes are great but also nice and easy?
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your quilting on Wings is looking lovely. I am looking forward to some hand quilting when the cooler weather comes. I think I shall be waiting a while. I do love your red panel from your stitch journal. I think threads multiply in their containers too lol!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning blocks and quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're right about stitcher's stash - and every "Stash Busting" project I've ever done has in the end required the purchase of more!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sunshine today!!!! Enjoy your quilting and well done on your red stitching. Yes, shame about Dave; I wonder what is Si going to do now......

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your quilting is so impressive Lin. I'm putting mine off a bit because I don't know how I'm going to tackle it yet... but my UFO knitting is almost finished.
    Your February Stitch is beautiful... I love it.
    ...I'm excited to see what you'll start doing in March... Have fun, Lin.
    Kind regards from Viola

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your quilting is looking great.......

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.