Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 16 March 2024

FNSI March

 Another Friday came around and it was a busy one for us as we were out all day. So it was nice to sit and relax in the evening with a little bit of slow stitching on my Stitch Journal.


I worked on the rectangle bottom right with knotted feather stitch and French knots. I do love purple so it is nice to have all these different shades and threads to play with. While on the purple theme I finished my RSC blocks for the month earlier this week and they have gone into the folder with the others.


And also on the subject of thread, a dear friend in Australia very kindly sent me these beautiful Cottage Garden threads and I was over the moon!  Thank you.


I am determined to use every bit of these and not sit on them for too long waiting for that 'special' project!

I have been quilting this week and completed the centre panel of Wings.


My next job is to mark up that first border and I am thinking feathers to tie in with the wings. And I do think I am going to be 'winging' it as I usually use a stencil for my borders but can't find one in UK to buy.

Finally, about 10 days ago now, We had visitors here and the weather was good! So I was able to get a decent picture of Red Manor House now that it finally has it's binding.




And in it's new home.



Many thanks to Wendy, who was a busy bee yesterday, for organising our FNSI's.

Hope you have a great weekend.

16 comments:

  1. love the center panel of Wings and great finished quilt so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lin, Red Manor House is a beauty!! It looks fabulous resting on the sofa. Such a lovely addition to your room. Those RSC log cabin blocks are pretty, as is the little embroidered stitches in the stitch journal. The feather stitch with the french knots looks great. Love those purple threads. I imagine you're chomping at the bit to use those threads from your friend in Australia ...they are such pretty shades.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh Red Manor House looks amazing Lin!!! And in its new home it looks just perfect. I love the centre block of Wings - so pretty indeed. You always achieve lots Lin.!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful stitching and blocks. The centre of Wings looks lovely as does Red Manor House in its new home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many gorgeous projects! The Stitch Journal page is amazing. I clicked on the picture to see all the complicated stitches in there. Gorgeous! What a lovely gift your friend sent you. Your fingers must be itching to start playing with these. Beautiful quilting on the centre panel of Wings but Red Manor steals the show. You have created a Masterpiece! Bravo! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done, Lin. Your RMH is lovely!!!! I just know that Wings will be another beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your Manor House quilt!!! Well done, Lin...there is much labour in the workmanship, and it will become an heirloom I am sure. :-)
    Also love watching your progress on Wings. Another beauty.
    Have a wonderful week,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! Look at that beautiful finish!
    You changed your banner, and it looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such pretty purple stitching. Gorgeous quilting on Wings centre. Red Manor House looks fabulous....well done x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have been busy! You have some pretty purple fabrics to choose from for this RSC. The blocks look great. Your quilting is stunning. And the Manor House quilt is aa real beauty. I've never tried Cottage Garden threads but I've heard they a dream to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great purples for March...
    Loveley quilting on Wings and I love your Red Manor House finish.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Goodness, that quilt is looking very fine!
    And yes, sometimes a thread is so gorgeous, it's tempting to keep it to gloat over. But then, you won't get the fun of stitching with it...

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have a lovely variety of projects happening.... enjoy your new threads - Red Manor house looks fantastic, love it and the quilting on Wings is looking great....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  14. The weekend was cold and wet... but the coming one is supposed to be sunny and warm... anticipation. Easter joy.
    I didn't like purple at all until a few years ago, that has turned into the opposite... now I like purple in all shades and I even sewed a purple dress for myself :-)))
    I love your purple blocks :-)
    Your Red Manor House is a masterpiece, dear Lin.
    A hug for you.
    Viola

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty purple blocks and gorgeous stitching. Red manor house is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I must admit I am a bit of a purple fan too.

    Red Manor House looks lovely basking in the sun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.