Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 27 April 2024

Rainbow Scrap Challenge April and a finish

 It's almost the end of April and a new RSC colour is just around the corner so I ought to show you my yellows.

First up my log cabins for the month including Jennifer's Joy in the Ordinary block.


My Stitch Journal page for the month is almost complete and I am looking forward to tidying away my tangle of yellow threads and playing with something different.



I finished quilting my RSC heart quilt from 2023 a couple of weeks ago. I kept hanging on for a dry and wind free day to get some out door photographs but in the end had to give up and take them indoors as last weekend I took the quilt to our Regional Day and passed it on to our local Linus co-ordinator. So here it is.



Very happy with how this turned out and I see more hearts in my future - larger ones with flowers tumbling from the centre would be nice I think.

Linking up with Angela for RSC Saturday.

Have a great week everyone


15 comments:

  1. I'm sure the heart quilt will be loved. The bright colours are so cheerful. Congratulations on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did very well with your yellow scraps. Love the Jennifer's joy block as I do your Stitch Journal. Indoor or outdoor, that quilt looks fabulous! Yes, with flowers tumbling would be nice. Can't wait to see it. You always have great ideas for quilts. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your finished quilt. The weather is not always cooperative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The heart quilt turned out lovely Lin & I can see a gorgeous array of yellows in your post this week. Almost autumnal colours but you are in spring so maybe daffodil colours. Enjoy your week Lin. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. a great finish......love the rainbow projects..........

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful yellow loveliness in your post! great finish with the rsc hearts quilt. A lovely gift

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your yellows are so bright and cheery. Beautiful Heart quilt and lovely to pass it on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh......large hearts with flowers tumbling from the centre would be very nice indeed. The recipient of your beautiful heart quilt is going to love it, Lin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your heart quilt finished well...very cheery yellow...wonder what is next???

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Log Cabin blocks look lovely in YELLOW, Lin!! Your choice of circle for your Stitch Journal really appeals to me. Congrats on your 2023 RSC quilt finish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All those yellows are lovely to see!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great effort on your RSC yellows. Your heart quilt is a beautiful finish xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did well using pretty yellow, Lin. Good luck now with May's pink.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my, that heart quilt is so pretty. I love seeing your stitch journal and the log cabin blocks look great in yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely yellows.... I am so enjoying the embroidery. The heart quilt has worked out so well... great finish Lin...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.