Yes, it is finally finished - My Baby Dear Jane is all done!!!!
Started in 2002, she has spent a lot of time in the cupboard with brief flourishes of activity. But at the beginning of this year I decided it was time to get some UFO's out of the way and Jane was second on my list. You can read about how I decided to cut down the size here and here.
Having added the border it was time to layer her up for quilting and I chose a plain navy backing fabric adding in a few triangles that were left over from the border.
First of all I ditch quilted around all the sashing but then felt that it needed something more so I added diagonal stitching in both directions across each block. Finally more ditch quilting around the border triangles and it was time for the binding. I used some of the leftover red fabrics to make a scrappy binding as I felt it needed a bright edge rather than more navy.
And so there she was! Last night I added my signature to the back.
Today is bright but cloudy, perfect for a photo shoot so a couple more pictures to show you.
Now for my next UFO - definitely my four seasons crazy blocks so watch this space for my progress.
Have a great week.