Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 16 October 2021

FNSI and RSC October

 First of all many thanks to  Wendy for organising our Friday evening again - do pop over to Wendy's blog to see who else joined in and what they were working on.

After an excellent Fish and Chip lunch in a local restaurant I sat down to complete my RSC crumb blocks for the month. Actually, I was working on crumbs from September as well as we were away all last month and my orange blocks did not get made. I made the little Dresden flowers earlier in the week. So here we are - Septembers orange Dresdens and crumb blocks.


The colour for October is light and bright greens. Well, I used all my green scraps earlier in the year so instead I pulled out all my black and grey scraps. Here you can see my Dresdens, seven crumb blocks and a few little squares for the Scraptherapy box. I have also cut enough petals for two more Dresdens as looking at my quilt I can see that I will need four altogether.


This year I have been trying to clear out my crumb box - at the beginning of the year I had to put another box on top of it to keep it closed - now it is just half full.


There are still plenty of cream and brown scraps in there which I know I will use next year. Otherwise I am very happy with how this year has gone.

Linking up with Angela at Soscrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday. Thank you Angela.

26 comments:

  1. Your flowers are gorgeous. Lovely orange fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun blocks! Congratulations on reducing your crumb stash so much over the last year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, you’ve done an excellent job of using probably more than half of your crumb box scraps! Well done. Your Dresdens and blocks look terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love crumb blocks! Such a great way to use up the little pieces. Your Dresdens are adorable, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute little Dresden flowers! It must feel wonderful to have your crumb box half full!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we’re all envious of how well you’ve done in paring down your scrap box! I love your crumb blocks and those Dresden flowers are sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely orange blocks and also the grey/black ones... look forward to seeing them all put into a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi-I'm new to your blog! Your Dresdens are very cute. Ah, my crumbs are overfilling my basket and spreading on the floor. It's time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great job - it takes a lot of work to use the scraps

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done you on getting the level in the crumb box down a little.
    I'm loving those wee flowers and looking forward to seeing them all together in a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done you for whittling down that crumb box of yours. Your crumb blocks and hexie dresden flowers look pretty in those shades of orange. Yum....fish and chips! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done you for whittling down your box of crumbs. The crumb blocks and hexie dresden flowers are pretty in those shades of orange. Yum....fish and chips! =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. All your blocks look wonderful Lin. I just love those orange coloured flower blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely oranges and green scrap blocks... you have done well with using scraps up....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  15. No matter how much I sew, I never get the scraps to diminish. How did you managed that? Love your Dresden flowers and I can't wait to seeing them all together. Fish and Chips? I hadn't had that in such a long time. Let's do that for diner tonight. Thanks for the inspiration. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  16. How lucky are you to make your scraps smaller. I can only hope that happens to me one day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Crumb blocks are always so fun and the flowers are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have done a great job with your scraps this year, Lin! I'm looking forward to seeing how you will use those little flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your blocks are always so nice. Half full box of scraps is wonderful progress!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful Dresden flowers :-)) and great when the supply melts.
    Many greetings from the city of Dresden.
    Yesterday we had a big fabric market on the Altmarkt ... it was just wonderful. Today I start with a small quilt for a bag :-)
    Good Sunday for you and greetings from me.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I need to take a page out of your book! My crumb bin is now a big bag….full.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, good job on using up so many scraps. I definitely need to do RSC next year.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely blocks and Dresden's from your scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You have done so well to reduce your crumb box. I’m looking forward to seeing what you create with all you blocks and dresdens. My crumb box is getting to overflowing too, so I may have to do something similar next year.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Well done! It's always an alarming moment when the box needs a weight on it to stay closed!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have used scraps on a few projects but the pile isn't going down very much! lol
    very pretty dresdens and blocks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.