Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 17 August 2024

FNSI in August

 And here we are, half way through August! Many thanks to Wendy for organising FNSI every month. You can pop over here to see who else took part.

My day was quiet. After a morning in the garden it was nice to sit and stitch for a while in our conservatory which, as temperatures have dropped, is now a comfortable place to sit in the afternoon.

First up of course was my Stitch Journal which is filling up far too quickly!


Friday's segment was the pointy one top left.

Then I pulled out my Flower Panel which I hadn't touched since my last post. I set to adding some flower stalks and leaves ready for a few flowers. This was fun to do but I need to add flowers soon otherwise I will have forgotten what my plans were!


And I think those leaves are going to need an outline!

This week I have been finishing off a few more Field |Journal blocks. These are very quick to sew but the preparation takes me some time.


So that's it from me for now, it was a lovely afternoon with cyber friends and I would say that I am looking forward to next month but I don't want to wish the time away!

Have a good week.

14 comments:

  1. This whole summer has moved along much too fast. Love your stitcheries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hand work is always so lovely to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am working on a stitch sampler book that I purchased to learn different embroidery stitches. I haven't gotten too far but it's fun. Yours looks more complicated but beautiful. You are very talented with your embroidery. I like the little embroidered hexies...so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exquisitos bordados. BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some lovely work there Lin ... sitting stitching in the conservatory sounds just wonderful. I am thinking of doing something similar to your Flower Panel as a little wallhanging for my friend Sally - you have given me some ideas thank You! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful embroideries. I love your monthly projects they are lovely to follow. Always love seeing field journal stitcheries they are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Flower panel is gorgeous as are the field journal blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel the same way. I want to move forward but I don't want the time to fly by. Sigh! Love the addition of ribbon in your Stitch Journal. Flower Panel took me by surprise. I don't recall seeing this one before and it is just GORGEous!! It looks like our November here but the addition of flowers will change all that and I can't wait to see it bloom. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, Lin. I love your Field Journal hexies. The embroidery is stunning. They wouldn't be quick for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely to see your FJ growing.... and of course your journal is lovely. YOur garden piece is stunning - love where you are going with it!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I wouldn't be too hasty to add outlines. They might not need to be complete, and it will be a pain to take them out if you don't like them after adding more stitching on top! (Does that sound like a Painful Lesson?!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful stitchery journal and panel as well as your FJ hexies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. As always - love the stitchery journal - but the Flower panel is also lovely

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are very good sticking with your stitch journal, I like this orange sample.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.