Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 3 August 2024

FNWFs August

 And a month has gone by since my last post! More on that later but first of all thank you to Cheryll for hosting our Friday - as usual you can pop over here to see who else took part.

My first job for the afternoon was to work on my Stitch Journal. Into August now which is an orange month and a new panel to work on. Here are days 1 and 2.



My next job was to prep my RSC log cabins which didn't take long - not many orange fabrics in my stash to procrastinate over! Anyway here they are all cut and ready plus the little stitchery traced out and ready to sew.


Next I amused myself by adding the pieces of lace and ricrac to this panel which has been in hiding since at least last summer I fear.


I have been working this week on the French knot blossom and have run out of thread now - fingers crossed that the batch currently dyeing in a jam jar in the greenhouse will come out a similar colour!

Finally I had a leisurely knit while the TV was on in the evening - this yarn is knitting up very nicely I feel.



So what has been happening this month? Well Philip went into hospital for a 'routine' gall bladder removal and should have been home the next day. But due to complications ended up spending 11 days in hospital. So lots of visiting for me, books read and this pair of swallow socks got finished.


I also made this cute little pair to use up some robin yarn from a pair I made earlier in the year.


And finally my RSC aqua for July. These log cabins were finished


and my aqua Stitch Journal page.




So that is me, all caught up and hopefully I shall be back with you again soon. Have a great weekend.

12 comments:

  1. Prayers for Philip's full recovery, Lin. As usual, all your sewing and knitting is lovely! Are the swallow socks named for their colour?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your husband's extended hospital stay, it's good you had plenty of handwork to occupy yourself while you visited. Your aqua stitcheries are so beautiful, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely stitching as always. I do hope Philip is all recovered and well again now. Love those socks, especially the cute little robin socks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of lovely eye candy in this post Lin. My husband would love all the orange featured as that is his favorite colour! 🧡 I am so sorry to read about your husband being in hospital - that is a long stay! Yes its always good to have knitting to take when visiting - your socks look just wonderful. Have a great week Lin x0x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of fabulous sewing .... I love the idea of your orange panel for stitches. Sorry to hear Philip had a tough time - hope he is recovering well now, always much nicer to be at home...
    The aqua page is lovely too... all those gorgeous daisies...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear about Phillip's health issue. Hope all is much better now. I like the layout for the orange stitches. It will be fun to see it fill up. The aqua page is awesome. Thanks for the close-up pictures. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely stitches, you have been busy, wish your husband a quick recovery.
    Love your garden picture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You worked on some lovely projects for FNwF. I hope your husband is doing much better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I am so sorry to hear about poor Philip's surgery that went awry. Eleven days is a long time to be in the hospital, getting poked & prodded and not getting much sleep due to intrusions. I love your beautiful turquoise stitches. Simply gorgeous. Let's hope August is nicer to you & Philip than July was.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your stitch journal is fascinating. I love all the different stitches. I hope your life is calmer this month.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hoping for a better August for you. But haven't you got a lot done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am sorry to hear about Philips illness and I hope he is on the road to recovery. Love July's Aqua blocks and stitch journal. Looking forward to seeing August's orange work. Beautiful knitting too xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.