Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 31 August 2024

End of an orange month

 And I have enjoyed my oranges, lovely to play around with some different threads and how warm and cosy orange is! Probably not appropriate for some parts of the UK which have seen high temperatures but here it's been in the low 20's. Very pleasant it has been too. Dry though and cracks are appearing in the garden and the grass is browning in places.

Anyway, back to orange and here is my Stitch Journal orange page completed and pressed ready to go away.



It is nice having different shapes to work in each month - next month is ovals but no RSC colour yet, hopefully it will come by tomorrow so I can make a start!

Over the last couple of weeks I have been working on my Boro flower panel and it has progressed nicely.

I have finally finished the blossom on the tree


and added some flowers to the right hand side.


It's filling up just as I imagined. Going to start on the left hand side next. 

I have had it in mind for some time to make a table runner for some friends. They are keen Magic Lantern collectors and I thought a lantern would make a great design for the runner. This week I finally planned out my design on squared paper and have most of the lantern put together using EPP. I just need to get to an LQS for some brassy gold fabric to make the lenses that need to go on the front. The doors also have 'portholes' which need the gold fabric too. Anyway, here it is so far - I plan to applique it to a cream background.


I have been busy knitting in the evenings whilst TV is on - football is back! Two pairs of socks on the go - I may have a finished sock or two next time I blog.
In the meantime

Happy stitching!


14 comments:

  1. I love all the stitches in the embroidered BOM! The Boro flower panel is very unique! You can use the stitches you practice in the BOM blocks. Your friends will love their magic lantern gift, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the orange stitch journal. It went together so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your orange page is bright and beautiful. I do love to see your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your orange page is really lovely Lin - tho not a favorite colour personally I think that is just so pretty 🧡 Love the Boro panel & that lantern - goodness me you are so clever! That is wonderful - look forward to seeing the finished table runner. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful stitchery you've done on your orange page and also on your Boro piece, Lin...
    Love those muted colors on this one...nice works hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your orange page is looking wonderful....clever idea re the lanterns - hope you find the fabric you want.
    Yes, we need the next colour!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on finishing another wonderful page of stitches. I love this one as I do all of them. It will be quite a masterpiece when you get all the pages together. The Boho flower is just amazing. The flowers are to tiny. You are very talented to come up with design like that. Can't wait to seeing more of it.
    I believe Angela called black and/or brown for September.
    Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful orange stitching . I'm looking forward how your tablerunner with the lanterns turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Even if orange wasn't one of my favorite colors (which it is) I would absolutely love that embroidery page. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your orange stitches and the boro work is fantastic..... so much to look at in each piece.... Great lantern... we seem to have missed our Spring and gone straight to summer!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Orange is such a lovely cheerful colour, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your orange stitchery page is stunning. A nice idea to personalise the tablerunner for your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your embroidery is stunning! You are very creative with the lantern project. I'm sure your friends are going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your Boro flower panel, such lovely use of various stitches, very inspirational :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.