Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Monday 30 September 2024

The end of September

 Yes, the end of the month already and so of course my Stitch Journal page is complete. It's always an exciting moment when I turn the page over after pressing, and see all my stitching without the blue lines. Another page that I love and all in black and grey.




A couple of other finishes to share today as well. First my Boro Flower Panel which is now waiting for me to devise a method of framing!!


In case you missed my first post about this panel, all the recycled fabrics and threads were solar dyed when we lived in France. I used leaves and flowers from around the garden as well as coffee grounds, onion skins and black bean soaking water. So for me it contains lots of happy memories of our garden and life in France.

I also finished this little pair of baby socks using the leftover Vintage Tinsel yarn that I used for my own socks.


Many thanks to Kate from Arts & Socks for her pattern advice - https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/baby-socks-23 for the socks, with her own addition of the twisted cuff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y2epfNAYoM. I think the twisted cuff is a great addition especially in the two colours. Thanks Kate.

So, a new month and a new RSC colour - I am using brown which I have been looking forward to! It also means Friday Night with Friends and I look forward to seeing you there.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.