Yes, good to be able to report that the rain has finally arrived. Bank holiday weekend though so shame for those with outdoor plans but great news for the garden and our water butts are filling nicely.
My Stitch Journal for the week. Just two more days of August to add.
I have been busy with the Chookshed Challenge. This coneflower was finished during the week.For the last flower I had intended to do a cowslip. We have one that comes up every year but unfortunately I dont have a good enough photo to work from and it is not the same using someone elses. So instead I chose the Verbena Bonariensis which is the first thing I see brushing against the bedroom window every morning.
This was relatively quick to work up. Here it is mounted onto card ready to add to it's frame.
I need to work out how to fix it to a backing board to hold it in the frame. But this was my prototype and I am happy now to go ahead with mounting the other three. Two days to get them done! I wonder which of my last two projects will be next.
I have abandonned the knitting for the moment - more framing yarn on the way which hopefully will be a little thicker than the one I was using and therefore more compatible with my scraps. So I have been getting on with my crochet jumper and I now have the four granny square panels put together and last night started on adding to the sides of the back panel. Need to measure this up against one of my existing jumpers to get the sizing right.
And there we have my week. Schools back this week so we shall hopefully be out and about more - weather permitting!
Have a great week.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.