My last post for this years Perfectly Pleasing Pincushion Parade.
Thank you very much Ida for organising this event again and for getting together such a great list of prizes. You can see all the entries on Ida's blog here
I have seen some biscornu pincushions in the parade and as I have not made one before I thought I would have a go. Whilst wondering what to use for the top of the pincushion I remembered a box of HST blocks left over from the flying geese quilt that I made a few years ago.
Pressed and trimmed these measure 1 3/4". One day I will use them I am sure!! Anyway I selected nine different ones fully intending to take photographs along the way but of course I got carried away with the process and the next picture I took was this.
I used this tutorial for putting the pincushion together which worked like a dream. However, next time I will use my usual method of having a seam in the base to use for filling as it makes for a neater finish on the edge.
I wanted a nice bright button for the centre but in amongst my hundreds of buttons I couldnt find anything suitable! So ended up with this green button on top of a clear one which I think works well.
I am definitely going to make another of these. It's a while since I did any crazy quilting so that is what I am going to do next - I can see beady tassels on the four corners!