Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 4 July 2020

Friday Night with Friends and a catch up.

First of all thank you Cheryll for hosting us again this month, I am looking forward to seeing what everyone has been working on.

It was one of those odd, pleasant days. It started out with an early trip to the market for our sausage and bacon supply for the next couple of weeks from Franklins Farm Quite chilly at 8am and I had to find a jumper. 
Then we went off to the hairdressers, our first trip in 4 months as fotunately we had squeezed in a visit just before lockdown. Perfect timing really as our hairdresser has been open since mid May and busy catching up with all those people who would have visited in March and April. 
Then a socially distanced visit with a friend on the way home who was busy spraying everything in sight with Zoflora!

After a late lunch it was time for some 'me time' and as the fabric samples I had ordered at the beginning of June had finally arrived I spent a happy time deciding which to order and browsing the web site for anything else I might 'need' lol.
I took photographs of these butterfly blocks which are this months task for the Red Manor House BOM


Such a pretty design which I think will make a great table topper at some point. They will be the corners of the border which includes these Flower pots which I completed earlier in the week


and the petals from May.


They need sashing in between each block, hence the fabric samples as I dont have enough of any one fabric that is suitable.

By the time I had printed out pictures of my June finishes and added them to my journal


it was time to water pots and the afternoon was over.

In the evening I worked on my RSC Dresden. Dark blues this month and I was struggling to find different fabrics to the ones I used last year until I remembered the lovely dark blues I have in my Christmas stash.


This has given me an idea and there may well be a red and green Christmas Dresden before the end of the year!

During lockdown I was busy working on some secret stitching which has now been gifted so I can reveal all!


My neice in Australia was expecting towards the end of June and so I had plenty of time to work on a quilt for her new baby. I used this pattern from Annies Craft Store


swapping the pieced elephants for appliqued ones. This was a lovely project to work on - I had all the fabrics in my stash apart from the grey elephant fabric which I ordered and it came from UK very promptly despite lockdown. (Far quicker than the fabric samples!!)
So the quilt was all ready to post off as soon as I had a name to add into the label. As soon as Dylan arrived I was able to post it off and it arrived in Australia 12 days later - never known the post to be so quick!


And here he is with his quilt!


Big brother Cooper insisted on getting out his quilt too


So thats me all caught up - I am getting out my diamonds for the table cloth today to make into basket blocks and theres an autumn mini that needs working on too. Have a good week.


21 comments:

  1. The quilt looks lovely in those colours and how adorable dose Dylan look under his new quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful butterflies for the corners of your table cloth. Looking forward to seeing it put together.
    Lovely Blue RSC dresden...
    A cute quilt for a cute baby. Love the photo of his big bro on his quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful blocks! That baby quilt is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been very busy. The baby quilt is so sweet and the perfect size. Red Manor House will be gorgeous when done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the butterfly blocks and agree they will make perfect corners for your table topper. It looks like Dylan is well pleased with his quilt. Your other projects are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your butterfly blocks and the flower pots and petals. It is interesting how much you get done in a month isn't it, great way to record what you have done. The elephant quilt is beautiful, the speed of the post is amazing!! I have sent a letter to NZ 12 days ago and it is not there yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your butterfly blocks...and your flowers are pretty.
    The elephant quilt is gorgeous too.
    Thanks for stopping in for FNwF too...xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. A hair trim feels so good! I love your new Butterfly blocks....this is going to be a beautiful quilt. Welcome baby Dylan....very sweet quilt xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you to discover some dark blue fabrics for your lovely dresdens. Really LOVE the baby quilt. The elephants are adorable and love the fact that big brother needed to pull his much-loved quilt out too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have been busy Lin! Nice to see all your makes together in your journal!
    The elephant quilt is fabulous!
    Although hairdressers are open again I’ve been nervously trimming DH’s hair - he’s still talking to me at the moment, so I guess I’m not doing too bad! Tee hee!
    Hope you are having a lovely weekend.
    Barbara xx 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  11. Post we've sent to Australia has varied from "about as in pre-Covid times" to "snail on Valium". But it gets there in the end, and that's what counts, especially with the delightful elephants!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You’ve certainly been making lots of progress on all your projects! And they’re all wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your blocks, they are all so lovely. Gorgeous quilt & I'm glad it arrived so quickly at it's destination. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhh, the bay quilt is so sweet :-)
    We seem to be getting some sunshine back this week, but not very warm right now - sort of English summer.... ;-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love those dresdens....gorgeous elephant quilt - that is quite speedy postage to Australia considering what is going on....I'm sure your niece is delighted.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute pics of your grandsons and the quilt is gorgeous. So many lovely projects. You seem to be very productive. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your blocks are amazing, especially the appliqued blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Lin I love your elephant quilt ,your blocks are so pretty to,well done on all your beautiful work,what a cute grandson you have,stay safe my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have certainly made good progress,such cute elephant quilt

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my, a cute little man with his Elephant Walk Quilt - ADORABLE!

    You got a lot done on your FNWF!

    I bet hair dressers are so busy with customers. They were probably really hurting during closures though.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sweet stack of pots with posies. Darling baby boys...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.