Thank you Wendy for hosting us again this month - you can see who else took part on Wendy's blog Sugarlane Designs.
First up, I have reverted to Legacy Blogger simply because of the labels system. On my last post I trawled the whole list of labels ticking boxes and then when I added a new label all my ticks disappeared. So annoying.
Earlier this week my fabric order arrived from UK which meant that I was able to add the sashing to my Red Manor House.
And also the border to my baskets.
Which means that on Friday I was working on the applique pieces that will go onto the border. I made a large quantity of bias strip to use as the stem. And then I started cutting out flowers and leaves.
Not good colour repro on that photo sadly.
The applique on the original design really stands out and I realised this was because zingy batik fabrics had been used.
So I went through my scrap box pulling out any batiks and my other fabric boxes and found that I had far more batiks than I thought! I am looking forward to seeing this come to life.
In other news, I finished the two string projects from last weeks scrap haul
And I worked on the applique for my autumn wall hanging.
It now needs a scattering of red berries and then I can add the border.
I have a pile of masks cut out in readiness for a delivery of elastic - but I think we have all seen enough pictures of masks to last for sometime!
So that was my week - hope you all had a good one and I am looking forward to seeing what everyone did for FNSI.