Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 3 June 2023

Friday Night with Friends, June

 June already and summer is here. Well at least it feels like summer as the sun has been shining and it has been several weeks since we had any rain.

Good to join in with Cheryll and friends again for FNwFs - pop over to Cheryll's blog here to see who else took part. Thank you Cheryll.

I spent an hour in the afternoon working on my Boro panel which I have started embroidering onto. I finished adding the twigs to my tree and started adding in some blossom.


There will be leaves added and possibly more twigs as I go along. The plan is to fill the rest of the panel with lots of flowers but I can see that I could be some time working on this tree!

Earlier in the week I needed something simple to work on during a zoom chat and wanted to start on my RSC hearts. However, Angela's suggestion of dark and bright blues I have already made this year so I decided to go for red. In the end she suggested adding in some green for teal but I will do that when the red month comes along! Anyway Friday evening saw me watching T20 cricket - Somerset are doing brilliantly so far this year - and sewing down the second heart. So here they both are.



Nice to have these done early on in the month and I can press on with a few other projects - I may just have been led down the garden path to another new project!! More next time.

Have a great weekend.

18 comments:

  1. The tree in the Boro block is beautiful with those flowers! Those hearts are really cute, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your embroidery is amazing. I love that tree with all the tiny blossoms. Will that be a wall hanging when it's finished?

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful embroidery work,I luv your take on the heart block,pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your embroidered tree, it's beautiful. Cute hearts, i'm still on the fence about making more blue blocks. I wish she'd gone with another colour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning stitching work on the tree. Pretty heart blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your heart is beautiful Lin but I especially LoVe that boro panel you are working on. I had not heard of this technique before but someone commented on the cushion I did & called it this - & when I looked it up - that is exactly the stitchery style I have done. I am now keen to try some more of this style. Look forward to seeing yours evolve - it is so lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Boro work and the tree is going to be gorgeous - the french knots are so effective as flowers (I had to enlarge to see how you had done the flowers). Your heart blocks are really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love your plan for your Boro piece... that's going to be so lovely..... Great red hearts... I am still working on my 'teal' blocks - I also am catching up on last month so it's slow!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. The tree you are embroidering onto the Boro piece is gorgeous. So many little flowers! More pretty hearts, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Boro Panel = wonderful! Awe, those tiny details make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the idea of the tree on the boro....and a new project?? love it..we can never have too many projects (LOL)

    I'm in two minds about RSC this month too - might just skip it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the hint of a new project in the wings. The blossom laden tree will be lovely, but based on my own experience of such things, you'll occasionally need a change of project, for a rest!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the look of your Boro panel, I love this kind of embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, and I like your header too, forgot to say ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, the possibilities of your boro fabric. Looks to be a dainty beauty, Linn. So what if it takes a while. Look at all the fun you're going to have! Hope your week is going along great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely piece! Your embroidery is exquisite. And those hears are dear also. Thank you for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's always a pleasure to see your work, dear Lin.
    Thank you.
    Happy weekend to you.
    Hug of Viola

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.