Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 22 June 2024

FNSI June

 Well it was a busy day of sport in our house with two cricket matches and a football match on TV. Needless to say lots of time to sew whilst keeping half an eye on the action!

First up was my stitch journal. 


I have been playing with different buttonhole/blanket stitches this week. Todays is that spiky one on the right which according to my stitch dictionary is German buttonhole stitch and which I like very much. Could be a great crazy quilting seam treatment with the addition of extra stitches and or beads. If you click on the picture you should get a larger version so you can see yesterdays which is a sort of knotted buttonhole and then the legs have been wrapped with different threads. Also very effective I think. Note the buttonhole semi circles, I will come back to them.

Next up yesterday were my swap hexies for the month. I had already cut and basted them so it was just a matter of sewing them together.


Earlier in the week I had made up these little Field Journal blocks into their hexies.


So it was time to pull out some more patterns to work on. I am very strict with myself and just take the first 6 that are on the top of the pile so imagine my surprise when I found I had not one but two of these lovely hexagons with Buttonhole semi circles! What a coincidence. This is the one I worked on last night while the football was on.


I love how effective those buttonhole hearts are.

Many thanks to Wendy for organising our evening again - pop over here to see who else took part and some lovely pictures of Wendy's recent finishes.

That's all from me for now, have a great weekend.

14 comments:

  1. The buttonhole embroidery is beautiful! Just imagine a whole quilt of these beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Field journal block really takes the buttonhole stitch to a higher level. It gives dimensio to the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your embroidery work is just beautiful Lin & I love the different shades of the blues. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely blue stitching - I also like doing flowers with that sort of buttonhole....Loving all the field journal blocks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enlarged your photo to have a look at those different stitches...lovely and the touch of green sets off the blues too. I too love these buttonhole hearts being formed in such a pretty edging. All lovely, Lin. Happy Stitching from me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A busy week in the sewing room with gorgeous results.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So clever finding the different versions of buttonhole and I love seeing your FJ hexagons - I feel like I am sewing them with you!!! Sport here has been the rugby league and golf...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. All those embroidery stitches in the stitch journal are beautiful. I can see ever one of embellishing crazy patchwork. Gorgeous embroideries on your hexies too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, there are times when I keep half an eye on the cricket while I stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your embroidery is wonderful, Lin – have fun watching the football games :-))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such beautiful stitching, Lin. I love those hexies. That last picture has the most beautiful color of thread. Looks variegated, is it? So lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Once again you stun me with your hexie applique' blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely stitching Lin, your Field Journal hexies are stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.