Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 1 June 2024

The end of another month...

 ...and the start of summer! Well, at least the weather has perked up and the start of June is looking fine and dry, it is even a bit warmer which is nice.

The end of May means the end of my pink Stitch Journal page and I have really enjoyed this one. I have referenced the work of Hundertwasser in most of the sections - with a blip in the middle for a few holiday memories!




I am now looking forward to a blue month and have pulled out this selection of threads to work with.


I have finished quilting the first of the large border blocks on Wings and Pretty things and have now put it away until the cooler weather comes in the autumn and I need something to snuggle under in the evenings.


The fabrics I used for Wings are mostly from a range by 3 Sisters for Moda which I fell in love with as soon as I saw them. I recently spotted their new range online, Etchings, and couldn't resist ordering a charm pack as the designs and colours are once again just delightful.


No idea what I shall use these for but I just had to have them! Also in the range are some linen fabrics and as a couple of them are script fabrics which I love, I just had to have some! So these dropped into my basket as well.


Earlier this year I bought the Summer Essentials Bag pattern from Irina at Nordic Crafter as I thought it would be handy for my phone whilst out walking. This turned out to be the perfect pattern to use with some of my new linen fabrics and I now have this cute little bag.




This was a great pattern - easy to follow instructions etc. I did make it 1/2" longer as my phone seems to be a little longer than the average. Also if I were making it again I would make the flap a little narrower to allow the strap loops to sit a little more comfortably but really, they are not a problem.

So I think that is enough from me for now - I have holiday photos to share but I will come back another day with those. Meanwhile have a great weekend.


17 comments:

  1. I also fell in love with Etchings. 3 Sisters is one of my favorite Moda designers. Their fabrics seem a little romantic to me. I'd say RSC Pink was very successful on your embroidery project. Very nice. Now let's do blue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great collection of stitches and patterns you have created for your journal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bag is lovely and very useful. I look forward to see what you will use "Etchings" for, but sometimes it is nice just to own the fabric and enjoy looking at it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love what you create LIn - it is always so beautiful. The pink page is just so lovely. I think that bag pattern is just perfect for your phone & I ADORE any of the 3 sisters ranges - they are always so gorgeous. Enjoy the weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great phone bag, I really like the floral fabric. May pink embroidery is nice but blue for June is going to be awesome! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful may embroideries, I am looking forward to June as you are using my favourite colour!
    Very handy little bag and I love the linens you have used.
    great going on your hand quilting, it's a slow and steady task

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see why those gorgeous fabrics followed you home. Love your new phone home. A pretty pink page and look forward to seeing your blue work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is beautiful new fabric and I love your little bag, pretty and useful! Beautiful pink stitchery project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pink embroidery and a lovely selection of blues..... Yes I love the 3 sisters fabrics too - great that some jumped into your basket! Lovely bag too.... a good size for when you don't want to take too much...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm intrigued with your pretty pink embroidery. And also with you mentioning Hundertwasser and your holiday. This artist lived here in New Zealand for some years and constructed some amazing art. Have you had a holiday here in NZ recently?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your embroidery. Cute bag.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's always lovely to see what you've been doing. I'm glad you've got summery weather - we had a mini-gale this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're stitchery block is lovely, and makes me curious about the end of the twelve months. Glorious I imagine!
    Really love that bag, but wow, those fabrics are perfect and take it up a notch. :-) Bless you heaps!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  14. What beautiful embroidery! What a lot of work too. Your fabrics are lovely and those quilt blocks are gorgeous. Your little phone purse is precious and how useful. Enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute little pouch for a phone!
    Your stitching is so beautiful as always. The applique' pieces as well. Love the fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pink has worked out beautifully. Love your cute bag...perfect! I love love love your choice for Wings and Etchings looks beautiful too xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your May Pink stitch diary is lovely and your phone pouch is gorgeous in those beautiful fabrics. Great shopping!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.