A few weeks ago my friend Chris the UK City Crafter, posted about some gorgeous little bags that she had made. See her post here.
I commented that the bags would be lovely made of Crazy Patchwork - of course, back came the challenge!
Having already had a vague idea at the back of my mind I was quick to pick up the challenge.
This pack of deliciousness
had been sitting in my stash for a while - too good to use!!
There were five 10"squaresof silk in a pack from The Silk Route who always have a lovely stand at the Knitting & Stitching Show.
I chose four of the pieces and cut out four eleongated hexagons to embroider onto and four larger ones for backing.
I am sure that I took pictures of each of the four embroidered panels but I can not find them anywhere so now we jump to pictures of the finished, almost, bag.
I used the leftover pieces of silk to make a rouleaux for the ties.
In her post, Chris mentioned that she had found it tricky matching up the edges on the base of the bag. As I could see that I might also have a problem I decided to join the hexagons together with faggotting. As my original plan was to oversew the edges together and then embroider over the seams, using faggotting meant that I was doing both jobs in one go.
I do think that the base is crying out for an ornate beaded tassel so I shall be thinking about that while I am away over the next few weeks.
I have loved making this bag - more crazy to come soon.